And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 12:27:37 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 06:20:30 PMGoalie seems like the only position you can start playing late.

Holy shit. Is 14 late? Did I doom my son by not starting him playing Soccer until 10?

Doom!!!!

:P

Professional soccer players all seem to start really young, like 7-8. At 14 is when they join academies

Channel 4 did a pretty good series about kids at Crystal Palace's academy not so long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKjl5WxsOqE
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 30, 2022, 09:42:20 AMFYI, France B vs Tunisia in 20 minutes.  :frog:

Think they're going to bother trying?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

No matter the age, before joining the elite teams, the important is that your kid needs to be dominant. If they aren't the #1 player in every game than they will not be professional players.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 06:20:30 PMGoalie seems like the only position you can start playing late.

Holy shit. Is 14 late? Did I doom my son by not starting him playing Soccer until 10?

10?

I had my kids playing soccer at like age 4.  And I don't even like soccer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Gups

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2022, 11:11:20 AM

10?

Yeah? Well my son was kicking in the womb.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on November 30, 2022, 11:15:10 AM

10?

:P

It's more that soccer, at least here, is a really cheap and easy sport to put your little kids into.

None of my kids play soccer any more - which is kind of a shame.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Guess Australia heard about the Tunisia goal.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Gups on November 30, 2022, 11:15:10 AM

10?

:lol:

celedhring

A knee injury kept me from playing organized football until I was 14. Of course that's the only reason I didn't become a football superstar  :P

HVC

Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2022, 11:26:45 AMA knee injury kept me from playing organized football until I was 14. Of course that's the only reason I didn't become a football superstar  :P

Mine was I realized I was blind and needed glasses too late.

Josephus

Well done Australia. 

Feel bad for Tunisia
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on November 30, 2022, 11:57:23 AMWell done Australia. 

Feel bad for Tunisia

Why? They lost to Australia. They have no reason to complain about Australia advancing over them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

10?

Because I put them in T-Ball.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 30, 2022, 11:57:23 AMWell done Australia. 

Feel bad for Tunisia

Why? They lost to Australia. They have no reason to complain about Australia advancing over them.

I assume he meant the last minute goal, that was then reversed :unsure: