News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 03:35:08 PMKeeping alive the proud Welsh tradition of being beaten down and subjected by the English.

Well except that time they seized power in 1485.

And the tudors ushered Protestantism into England. Truly a dark time. Countless souls lost!

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 03:40:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 03:37:06 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 03:35:08 PMKeeping alive the proud Welsh tradition of being beaten down and subjected by the English.

Well except that time they seized power in 1485.

And the tudors ushered Protestantism into England. Truly a dark time. Countless souls lost!

:P

Never again!  :P

Valmy

Hell yeah! Great save!

Hey wasn't that a hand ball on Iran? Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Is it just my impression, or have there been a lot more "dissent cards" issued in these games?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 03:54:05 PM9 minutes of extra time  :ph34r:

And another close one. I wanted Iran to win as a gag, but they've actually been playing well.

The Larch

1st confirmed game of the knockout stage, England Vs Senegal.

Valmy

HVC

Valmy

USA! USA! USA! On to the knock-out round!

We looked so shitty at the end of qualifiers and in our warm-ups. I am legit happily surprised we have played so well so far after the Wales 2nd half debacle.

Gups

Nice one yanks. Very decent side and deserve to go through. Just lacking a cutting edge for that extra step.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on November 29, 2022, 03:56:41 PM1st confirmed game of the knockout stage, England Vs Senegal.

and Holland USA
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Ok Holland, if you win you get New Amsterdam back.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 04:16:51 PMOk Holland, if you win you get New Amsterdam back.

OK John Rocker.

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 04:16:51 PMOk Holland, if you win you get New Amsterdam back.

You can have Belgium if you win.