News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

I guess England saw the USA had scored and then decided it was no longer worth it to throw the game to Wales.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Iran is doing much better in this half so far  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 03:16:32 PMIran is doing much better in this half so far  :ph34r:

Allah wills it!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

@HVC

Will Queiroz pull  "Assim não ganhamos Carlos." ©2010?

Valmy

I like our dude accidentally kicking the ball out and then dramatically mouthing "FUCK" on international TV.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 03:21:12 PMI like our dude accidentally kicking the ball out and then dramatically mouthing "FUCK" on international TV.

Don't worry, it will be censored in Iran, insh'Allah.  :P

Valmy

That was a close one  :ph34r:

I am never ceased to be amazed how slow time moves when you have a lead in this game and how fast it moves when you are behind. It defies the laws of physics.

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 29, 2022, 03:20:51 PM@HVC

I forgot he was the coach lol. How many Portuguese coaches in these games? Three I know of (now lol)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Larch

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 03:28:40 PM

I forgot he was the coach lol. How many Portuguese coaches in these games? Three I know of (now lol)

Yep, now. I wish Fernando Santos would leave his position after the tournament but now he is probably at the helm till the Euro 2024.
Bento will probably get the boot if his squad gets thrashed by Portugal, or even just beaten.
Jury still out on Queiroz.

Duque de Bragança

The Larch

There are 3 Portuguese coaches (Queiroz in Iran, Paulo Bento in S. Korea and Santos in Portugal itself). Two other countries have 3 coaches at the WC, Argentina (coaching Ecuador, México and Argentina) and Spain (Qatar, Belgium and Spain).

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 29, 2022, 03:29:33 PMEngland - Wales

Keeping alive the proud Welsh tradition of being beaten down and subjected by the English.

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 29, 2022, 03:32:56 PM

There are 3 Portuguese coaches (Queiroz in Iran, Paulo Bento in S. Korea and Santos in Portugal itself). Two other countries have 3 coaches at the WC, Argentina (coaching Ecuador, México and Argentina) and Spain (Qatar, Belgium and Spain).

Let's go Iberian language speakers!

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 03:35:08 PMKeeping alive the proud Welsh tradition of being beaten down and subjected by the English.

Well except that time they seized power in 1485.