News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Canada tried a few cute movies in the box earlier, all the while Croatias pressure was building.

Still, canada can play well. Go canada!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Just caught the last 10 mins of the first half but it looks like Canada can't defend at all now?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Threviel

Mildly interesting note: Canadians are called Kanadicks in Swedish.

Go Kanadicks!

HVC

Was trying to figure out why people were booing when the Canadian goalie had the ball, then I remembered Borjan is a serb.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

Croatia's third. The Dream is over.

Canada is just way too slow moving the ball, and their midfield just give it away easily with a poor touch or pass. Need some decent midfielders to stand a chance next cycle.

Everything goes down the right to Davies and it is much too predictable. A decent side will double up on Davies and Canada has no other real threat. When they attack down the left it inevitably stops and the ball gets recycled and it way too easy to defend against that.

Lastly, replace Borjan with an actual keeper.

The Larch

Spain starts basically the same team against Germany as against Costa Rica. I hope we don't regret having Rodri as a central defender this time...

Duque de Bragança

I am afraid there won't be a 7-0 this time.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 27, 2022, 12:43:40 PMI am afraid there won't be a 7-0 this time.  :P

Well, we recently scored 6 against Germany, so...  :shifty:

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 27, 2022, 12:35:31 PMCroatia's third. The Dream is over.

Canada is just way too slow moving the ball, and their midfield just give it away easily with a poor touch or pass. Need some decent midfielders to stand a chance next cycle.

Everything goes down the right to Davies and it is much too predictable. A decent side will double up on Davies and Canada has no other real threat. When they attack down the left it inevitably stops and the ball gets recycled and it way too easy to defend against that.

Well argued. A bit harsh on the goalie. But otherwise I agree
Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on November 27, 2022, 12:48:47 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 27, 2022, 12:35:31 PMCroatia's third. The Dream is over.

Well argued. A bit harsh on the goalie. But otherwise I agree

I don't think the goals were his fault, I just think his distribution is atrocious.

Duque de Bragança