News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 23, 2022, 12:53:41 PM6-0 now, with 8 minutes of stoppage time. Maybe Hispanics should stop the carnage against fellow Hispanics.  :P

Well no, Morata scored. Almost all shots on goal are are goals.

Like I said in the England game, god only gives so many goals, they shouldn't waste them all on the first game.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 12:55:38 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 23, 2022, 12:53:41 PM6-0 now, with 8 minutes of stoppage time. Maybe Hispanics should stop the carnage against fellow Hispanics.  :P

Well no, Morata scored. Almost all shots on goal are are goals.

Like I said in the England game, god only gives so many goals, they shouldn't waste them all on the first game.

This isn't Portugal vs North Korea, calm down.  :D

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Larch

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 12:59:07 PMMark my words! :contract: :P

In 2010 we only scored 8 goals in the whole competition.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 12:59:07 PMMark my words! :contract: :P

:secret:
Next game is Germany-Spain.

I am sure Germany and Japan can beat Costa Rica.

Mark my words!  :contract:  :D

Josephus

TSN (Sports network in Canada) is really pushing this game. They had a 3 hour pre game show. Watching it now, getting excited for it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Wtf happened with Germany?
I saw most of the first half and bit of the second but then had to go live my life....
It was super one sided before.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on November 23, 2022, 01:26:02 PMTSN (Sports network in Canada) is really pushing this game. They had a 3 hour pre game show. Watching it now, getting excited for it.

I'm sure they paid a lot of money for WC rights so damn straight they're going to milk it.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Trying to listen to the game while at work, but my lack of familiarity with the sport makes it hard to follow.  Hard to visualize.

HVC

On the one hand :( , on the other hand so far in this tournament scoring a penalty leads to a 1-2 loss :D

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2022, 02:09:50 PMTrying to listen to the game while at work, but my lack of familiarity with the sport makes it hard to follow.  Hard to visualize.

You have cable? If so you can watch it on tsn.ca. Minimize the screen so you can still "work" :D

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 02:12:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 23, 2022, 02:09:50 PMTrying to listen to the game while at work, but my lack of familiarity with the sport makes it hard to follow.  Hard to visualize.

You have cable? If so you can watch it on tsn.ca. Minimize the screen so you can still "work" :D

No idea what my account info would be - should have checked for that earlier.