News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Only 7 minutes of stoppage time: highway robbery!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

At this point they might as well just stop the clock.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maladict

Quote from: Valmy on November 23, 2022, 08:56:02 AMGermany showing who was the better Axis Power.

You've still got it  :lol:

The Larch

Another upset! Damn, I had heard that Germany was not at its best, but loosing to Japan...

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 10:00:16 AMAt this point they might as well just stop the clock.

Don't kid!

Duque de Bragança

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 23, 2022, 10:01:49 AMAnother upset! Damn, I had heard that Germany was not at its best, but loosing to Japan...

Commentator was saying a lot of Japanese players play i. The German league so are used to the style of play.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

FunkMonk

I am enjoying this recent trend of Germany underperforming at the World Cup
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2022, 10:03:26 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 10:00:16 AMAt this point they might as well just stop the clock.

Don't kid!

Be less annoying the waiting for the 90 minutes to run out and then be given another 12. In the Saudi game it seemed  like the ref was dragging it out for Argentina to score.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2022, 10:03:26 AM

Don't kid!

Be less annoying the waiting for the 90 minutes to run out and then be given another 12. In the Saudi game it seemed  like the ref was dragging it out for Argentina to score.

Well, yeah. I, obviously, think that the solution to soccer is to stop the clock.

Gups

Can't help reviving an old joke.

What did the Gestapo officer say to the broken clock?

Ve hav ways of making you tock

Valmy

Next up: Can Costa Rica defeat her former colonial master? Or just tie them like the USA did?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

World Cup nerds, a little help here:

So in exciting Group F action, Morocco and Croatia tied 0-0.  But Canada is in Group F, and realistically to make the next round have to finish ahead of both teams.

So was a 0-0 final a good thing or a bad thing for Canada?

:unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.