News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2022, 04:21:33 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2022, 10:04:55 PMMaybe this World Cup will teach a lesson to the Middle East sports washers that it is not worth it to invite us to their home.

Why? It has been a resounding success so far. It has proven that all the "principles" the West used to criticise Qatar and the Arab world in general for, are nothing more than empty facades, dropped at the first sight of an actual challenge, or for some pittance thrown people's way.

I don't think so. They had to reform their entire work code because international interest were asking questions.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2022, 08:01:54 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2022, 07:40:31 AMIt would be incredibly England to win the shit world cup.

Omg its stating already. England beats one of the worst teams of the tournament and "it's coming home" starts blasting in people's heads :p

Those saying it's coming home are forgetting the Iranians scored as many goals as the Saudis. Main difference is that the saudis goalie didn't get his face bashed in and have to be replaced :D .
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on November 22, 2022, 08:14:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2022, 08:13:11 AMDid anyone watch the game? I'm reading that Argentina had 3 goals disallowed...  :hmm:

Clear offsides.

Was that with the new fancy automatic offside tech they're implementing in this WC?

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2022, 08:13:11 AMDid anyone watch the game? I'm reading that Argentina had 3 goals disallowed...  :hmm:

Clear offsides.

And Argie were given a dodgy penalty call.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2022, 08:19:04 AM

Clear offsides.

Was that with the new fancy automatic offside tech they're implementing in this WC?

Two were super obvious, one was close and VAR did it in. But if you gonna go robot refereeing then go 100%

Here are some photos of the offsides
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on November 22, 2022, 08:23:09 AM

Clear offsides.

And Argie were given a dodgy penalty call.

And Messi divided into a free kick (that he then shanked), but I can't gripe too much, Ronaldo would do the same :ph34r: :lol:

celedhring

Second best thing in social media after Italians getting angry at food? Argentinians getting angry after losing a football match.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 22, 2022, 08:51:55 AMSecond best thing in social media after Italians getting angry at food? Argentinians getting angry after losing a football match.

It's basically the same reaction.  :lol:

Valmy

Denmark vs Tunisia in a battle for the ages
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Day of upsets. Come on Australia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 21, 2022, 05:03:57 PMThat guy and his family could get into real actual trouble for this and yet he did it. The European FAs and the players are cowed by threat of yellow cards.
Yep:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/22/fears-grow-iran-players-may-face-reprisals-for-not-singing-national-anthem-world-cup-2022-qatar
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 22, 2022, 07:14:43 AMI'm afraid this World Cup is shaping up to be a good one...

You jinxed it

Barrister

Two straight 0-0 games.  How thrilling!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

Saudi Arabia leading the group is pretty wild though.