News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2022, 10:04:55 PMMaybe this World Cup will teach a lesson to the Middle East sports washers that it is not worth it to invite us to their home.

Why? It has been a resounding success so far. It has proven that all the "principles" the West used to criticise Qatar and the Arab world in general for, are nothing more than empty facades, dropped at the first sight of an actual challenge, or for some pittance thrown people's way.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2022, 04:21:33 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2022, 10:04:55 PMMaybe this World Cup will teach a lesson to the Middle East sports washers that it is not worth it to invite us to their home.

Why? It has been a resounding success so far. It has proven that all the "principles" the West used to criticise Qatar and the Arab world in general for, are nothing more than empty facades, dropped at the first sight of an actual challenge, or for some pittance thrown people's way.

On top of that, the Saudis are currently bodying fancied Argentina  :lol:

Yeah, I'd say sports washing will continue to work, as it always has since 1936.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

Oh wow, I didn't realise there was a game on this morning.
LOL at all those guys who thought they'd gotten gold drawing Argentina in the office sweepstakes.

QuoteWhy? It has been a resounding success so far. It has proven that all the "principles" the West used to criticise Qatar and the Arab world in general for, are nothing more than empty facades, dropped at the first sight of an actual challenge, or for some pittance thrown people's way.
Lets see.
It'll depend how long the story of teams planning to protest and backing down amidst FIFA putting politics into football can keep going.
Sports washing only works if you let them.
I am hopeful.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Ref really doesn't like the Saudi goalie. First he gives the goalie a yellow for getting body checked, then ignores him when he's telling him about a head injury to a defender. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

The Larch

This must be one of the biggest upsets of WC history.

FunkMonk

England win 6-2. Argentina mugged 2-1 by Saudi Arabia.

I'm afraid this World Cup is shaping up to be a good one...
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2022, 07:13:31 AMThis must be one of the biggest upsets of WC history.

I'm happy Messi is no longer at Barça so I can comfortably laugh at this  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 22, 2022, 07:14:43 AMEngland win 6-2. Argentina mugged 2-1 by Saudi Arabia.

I'm afraid this World Cup is shaping up to be a good one...

Well, the wahhabi Cup is shaping up to be a wahhabi cup.  :P

Josquius

It would be incredibly England to win the shit world cup.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2022, 07:40:31 AMIt would be incredibly England to win the shit world cup.

Don't worry, that won't happen :console: :P

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2022, 07:40:31 AMIt would be incredibly England to win the shit world cup.

Omg its stating already. England beats one of the worst teams of the tournament and "it's coming home" starts blasting in people's heads :p

The Larch

Did anyone watch the game? I'm reading that Argentina had 3 goals disallowed...  :hmm:

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 22, 2022, 08:13:11 AMDid anyone watch the game? I'm reading that Argentina had 3 goals disallowed...  :hmm:

Clear offsides.