News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 03:44:35 PMFuck everything. God damnit. Screw this. Soccer sucks.

Stupid fucking penalty by a stupid fucking team who started playing shitty once they went up by one.

Welcome to Berhalterball.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 03:44:35 PMFuck everything. God damnit. Screw this. Soccer sucks.

Stupid fucking penalty by a stupid fucking team who started playing shitty once they went up by one.

:console:

Don't feel bad. They'll beat Iran, and England used up all their goals already
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

9 minutes of stoppage time.  :lol: Well, it's less than yesterday for Iran-England.

Josquius

The contest is who can annoy England and beat Iran the most.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2022, 03:51:23 PM9 minutes of stoppage time.  :lol: Well, it's less than yesterday for Iran-England.

Yesterday? We haven't had that many games to be confused already :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

FunkMonk

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

FunkMonk

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2022, 02:00:18 PMAnd in contrast to spinelessness, Iran's captain:
https://twitter.com/carolineframke/status/1594509813765087233?s=46&t=fq71K42YXNRKEfF1oaz5fA

I saw Iranian fans were also chanting "dishonourable" all through the game, which is a slogan in the protests.

That guy and his family could get into real actual trouble for this and yet he did it. The European FAs and the players are cowed by threat of yellow cards.

Valmy

Just a terrible second half by the USA. If it wasn't for an amazing save by Matt Turner we would have lost.

Ugh. That is what I get for having a little hope there at halftime.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2022, 04:21:56 PMUSA 0.8 xG - 1.6 xG Wales
 :lol:

As I learned from my american lit class (moby dick), americans sometimes come up short against whales.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2022, 03:47:43 PM

Welcome to Berhalterball.

Berhalter should be fired...out of a cannon...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

The US looked better against Wales than in any of the qualifying games I saw.  I have super low expectations and if the US grabs a couple draws and goes home early I'm fine with that.  The US goal was very pretty.

What's the deal with the large noisy Wales fan section?  Hard to believe they all traveled there.

Grey Fox

Maybe this World Cup will teach a lesson to the Middle East sports washers that it is not worth it to invite us to their home.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.