News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

It was nice of them to let Iran get a pity goal at the end.

Ok time for the USA vs a tiny part of our former colonial overlord. Down with the King!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 10:10:12 AMStop it England! Stop it! He's already dead!

God only gives you so many goals, and England appears to have used them all up in the first game.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Saka with 2 goals. The only thing I care about.

His agent is going to add another 50k to his wage demands to Edu  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

The FOX coverage in the US has been awful, absolutely awful. Cringeworthy stuff. I've switched over to Peacock because NBC has the Spanish language rights to the world cup here.

To any in the US I suggest you do the same.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2022, 10:40:43 AMThe FOX coverage in the US has been awful, absolutely awful. Cringeworthy stuff. I've switched over to Peacock because NBC has the Spanish language rights to the world cup here.

To any in the US I suggest you do the same.

What are they doing? Showing slow motion video of US soldiers saluting bald eagles while George Washington sings "I'm proud to be an American?"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Or are they doing that thing where they presume Americans are all morons when it comes to soccer, even ones who are tuning into the world cup?

HVC

Just do what Canada does and hire British people.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2022, 10:55:03 AMJust do what Canada does and hire British people.

We used to do that back in 1990 and 1994.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 21, 2022, 10:55:03 AMJust do what Canada does and hire British people.

Did it work?

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 21, 2022, 11:01:23 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 10:57:05 AM

Did it work?

I think it just made the game seem more foreign.

Sheilbh

Apparently Qatar is breaking another promise and not allowing cooked Kosher food or public Jewish prayer:
https://www.jpost.com/international/article-722891

From online - FIFA: "Soccer brings all of us together."

Qatar: "Except the Jews."

FIFA: "Okay."
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Who is better? Senegal or the Netherlands? We will all finally find out...maybe. Unless they tie.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 21, 2022, 11:28:08 AMApparently Qatar is breaking another promise and not allowing cooked Kosher food or public Jewish prayer:
https://www.jpost.com/international/article-722891

From online - FIFA: "Soccer brings all of us together."

Qatar: "Except the Jews."

FIFA: "Okay."

Well there are limits to how much soccer can bring us together.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2022, 11:32:27 AMWho is better? Senegal or the Netherlands? We will all finally find out...maybe. Unless they tie.

FIFA ranking says the Netherlands.
Sénégal is the continental champion however, as Qatar for Asia, yet I would put CAF teams over AFC teams usually, specially after the Qatari team performance yesterday.  :P

Josquius

Apparently England's group is the only one where all teams are ranked top 20.

Shows the value of rankings really.
██████
██████
██████