News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on November 21, 2022, 08:34:20 AMYou're kidding, they backed down?

I guess its back to laughing at England.

Not just England, also Wales, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland and the Netherlands.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2022, 06:21:44 AMApparently taking a yellow card is more meaningful than making a largely perfunctory but still important gesture of solidarity.

Football is evil, most especially the international game. Just end the tournament now.

It's pathetic. They should stop with all these gestures then because they have proven them to be entirely empty, folding at the first sight of a challenge to them.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2022, 08:39:02 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 21, 2022, 08:34:20 AMYou're kidding, they backed down?

I guess its back to laughing at England.

Not just England, also Wales, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
Ganbaru nippon?
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Btw, England is beating Iran 2-0 so far, and the 1st half hasn't even finished. Goals from the kids too, Bellingham and Saka.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on November 21, 2022, 08:39:53 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 21, 2022, 06:21:44 AMApparently taking a yellow card is more meaningful than making a largely perfunctory but still important gesture of solidarity.

Football is evil, most especially the international game. Just end the tournament now.

It's pathetic. They should stop with all these gestures then because they have proven them to be entirely empty, folding at the first sight of a challenge to them.

In the press release they put out they say that they were ready to pay whatever fine FIFA imposed on them for kit improprieties, but didn't want to risk any sporting penalties that could jeopardize their team's chances, or somesuch.

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2022, 08:46:50 AMBtw, England is beating Iran 2-0 so far, and the 1st half hasn't even finished. Goals from the kids too, Bellingham and Saka.

And it's 3 - 0 now, thanks to Sterling.

14 added minutes!  :blink:

Grey Fox

They did spend 7 minutes waiting on the Iranian goalkeeper to wake up.

Pretty happy with this 1st half :bowler:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2022, 08:57:32 AMThey did spend 7 minutes waiting on the Iranian goalkeeper to wake up.

Yeah, I read that the Iranian goalie got knocked out early on the 1st half and it took ages for him to get replaced, but 14 extra minutes is maybe the most I've ever seen added to a half.

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2022, 08:59:19 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2022, 08:57:32 AMThey did spend 7 minutes waiting on the Iranian goalkeeper to wake up.

Yeah, I read that the Iranian goalie got knocked out early on the 1st half and it took ages for him to get replaced, but 14 extra minutes is maybe the most I've ever seen added to a half.

Conspiracy? Fixed?  :ph34r:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Lost in all this is that Iranian players launched a protest of their own by not singing the anthem
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on November 21, 2022, 09:03:48 AM
Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2022, 08:59:19 AM

Conspiracy? Fixed?  :ph34r:

Collina has stated the referees will try to get as close to 90 minutes net play time as possible.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2022, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 21, 2022, 08:39:53 AM

In the press release they put out they say that they were ready to pay whatever fine FIFA imposed on them for kit improprieties, but didn't want to risk any sporting penalties that could jeopardize their team's chances, or somesuch.

Yeah, so basically an empty gesture.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

And 10 minutes added for the 2nd half, damn...

I look forward to see England's expectations to skyrocket after this steamrolling of Iran (6-1 at the moment of writing).  :P

Grey Fox

My once every 2 years fan experience is the same as usual. Bring it home.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Stop it England! Stop it! He's already dead!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."