News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Strange nobody posted the videos of allegedly "fake" European and South American teams fans, mostly Indian.  :D

The "Portuguese" fans do not seem to come from Goa, Daman & Diu, for some reason.  :P
The "Belgians" still think Kompany is part of the Diables Rouges.  :D
He no longers plays for the Belgian national squad.

Francophone source:
https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/mondial-2022/2022/11/14/mondial-2022-le-qatar-soupconne-de-faire-defiler-de-faux-supporters-a-doha-NOO6LUZC7FASPBHUACHAHF34A4/

Reported first by the English press, but then followed by other countries' press, e.g Belgium above.

There is a real "France Football fans" from India it seems (not from Chandernagor or Pondichéry for some reason again), but the "Portuguese" fan group, while lead by a Portuguese expat in Qatar, has had some recruiting drives in India for instance.
French link:
https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/coupe-du-monde/video-coupe-du-monde-que-se-cache-t-il-vraiment-derriere-les-images-de-supporters-indiens-dautres-nations-au-qatar-17-11-2022-OXRWG4PASZEULPK5476HWAJYQ4.php
:hmm:

Josephus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 19, 2022, 08:06:00 AMHe added: "Today I feel a multi-millionaire. Today I feel privileged. Today I feel rich. Today I feel lucky.

fixed his quote
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on November 19, 2022, 11:19:55 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 19, 2022, 08:06:00 AMHe added: "Not just Today I am a multi-millionaire. Not just today I am privileged. Not just today I am rich. Not just today I am lucky.

fixed his quote

Some more editing.  :P

The anaphora gives a strong Flanby vibe (François Hollande).  :D

Jacob

Fuck Infantino.

And yeah those fan groups are pretty silly.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2022, 08:36:51 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 19, 2022, 08:28:00 AMIntersectionality? :unsure:
Analysis of how different aspects of an individual's identity intersect - for example class, race, sexuality, gender etc.

Edit: Not sure I see a mass of intersectional analysis going on in Infantino's performance of "I'm a bitch", but there we go.

Sure. I know what it is. Not getting how it's relevant here at all.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

The world cup is on FOX here in America so we get to hear the constant refrains of "the Fifa world cup of soccer, or fútbol to the rest of the world" and Tom Brady and Terry Bradshaw telling us how many points a goal is (just one!) :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 20, 2022, 08:38:20 AMThe world cup is on FOX here in America so we get to hear the constant refrains of "the Fifa world cup of soccer, or fútbol to the rest of the world" and Tom Brady and Terry Bradshaw telling us how many points a goal is (just one!) :bleeding:

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

No Benzema at the Wahhabi Cup. No Boycott, no remorse for the previous blackmailing of a teammate for which he was convicted, he has an injury, following a terrific season (Ballon d'Or).

Duque de Bragança

There is however Marcel Desailly, France 1998 player and Morgan Freeman for the opening ceremony.  :lol:

HVC

Lol. Qatar not off to a great start.

*edit* or not.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on November 20, 2022, 11:06:30 AMLol. Qatar not off to a great start.

*edit* or not.

It must be one of those special Host Country Offsides.

Zanza

I am totally not in world cup mood. Not even sure who is in Germany's group or who plays for the team.

HVC

Quote from: Zanza on November 20, 2022, 11:13:59 AMI am totally not in world cup mood. Not even sure who is in Germany's group or who plays for the team.

I'm watching to see Qatar humiliated. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on November 20, 2022, 11:12:23 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 20, 2022, 11:06:30 AMLol. Qatar not off to a great start.

*edit* or not.

It must be one of those special Host Country Offsides.

I thought they'd do something new and bribe the team. Guess they just decided to stay with the classics.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 20, 2022, 11:17:53 AMI'm watching to see Qatar humiliated. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself lol

B+ for effort. :)