News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 07, 2022, 08:58:40 AMUnited and Barcelona  :lol:
Anyway, FSG are saying they want to sell Liverpool. I wonder which oil state will buy them up?

PL will be oil/gas state clubs finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd every season for eternity.

Fixed! :P

FunkMonk

Brazil WC squad just came out. Tite picked Gabriel Martinelli and Gabriel Jesus from Arsenal.

Martinelli was the surprise. So happy for him. Just a few years ago he was playing football in the Brazilian 4th division. Now he's going to the World Cup. And still just 21 years old.  :cry:

Never in my life have I wanted Brazil to win the World Cup, but now with two key Arsenal players in the squad I'm rooting for them to do it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

I still feel zero excitement about this world cup.

Duque de Bragança

Gups

Quote from: Maladict on November 07, 2022, 11:57:29 AMI still feel zero excitement about this world cup.

Same. The whole thing disgusts me and I'm going to find it really difficult to enjoy watching the games at all. My main hope is that Quatar are humiliated in their games.

Jacob

Yeah it's tough. It's one of the best Danish teams in a long time, but holding the WC in Qatar is just a massive "we're corrupt and we don't give a fuck about the sport" slap in the face.

HVC

Canada being in it gives me a bit more urge to watch. Until they get obliterated in their first match, then it'll pass lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

This World Cup makes me sick and I'm only vaguely interested in it because Arsenal's players are going. Have to support the players.

Gups

The only real hope is that the attempt at sportswashing has backfired and actually reduced Qatar's reputation.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on November 07, 2022, 11:57:29 AMI still feel zero excitement about this world cup.
Can't remember a major tournament being about a month away with this little hype or excitement.

Feel sorry for kids who will have this as their first World Cup :(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 08, 2022, 06:13:31 AM
Can't remember a major tournament being about a month away with this little hype or excitement.

Feel sorry for kids who will have this as their first World Cup :(

You mean a couple of weeks.  :P

Tamas

I wouldn't worry once the matches start the hype will start and people will forget they are watching people play football in the graveyards of thousands of people. I probably will.

Josephus

Yeah this world cup sucks, blah blah

So shall we make a pool?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

My first world cup was USA 94. I was a little kid. Fond memories of the US qualifying from the group stage. And Baggio blowing it for Italy  :lol:

Josquius

I'm sure its not just me getting older when I say the world cup and the euros just don't feel as special as they once did.
██████
██████
██████