Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on October 26, 2022, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 26, 2022, 02:27:01 PMHVC

Eustáquio got booked again.  :P Your family is troublesome. :D

Family friend, I got no blood haha. Although used to be a smallish fishing village, so probably like a 6th cousin or something if you dig back for enough   :blush:  :D

Since he scored a goal last night, I am willing to let it pass for now.  :D

FunkMonk

Conte is famously a whiny little bitch when he doesn't win. A super talented and successful one, but still.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

It's ok. I feel better after seeing Arsenal get trashed today.  :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on October 27, 2022, 02:13:54 PMIt's ok. I feel better after seeing Arsenal get trashed today.  :P

Indeed. We laughed at Spurs yesterday and now we get a taste of our own medicine. :lol:

FunkMonk

Liverpool have just lost to Leeds at home a week after losing to Forest. They're now 9th in the table.

Something in the water at Anfield? Will Klopp get sacked this season?

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2022, 04:13:33 PMLiverpool have just lost to Leeds at home a week after losing to Forest. They're now 9th in the table.

I'd be surprised if Klopp makes it to the post World Cup restart. Question is, who is there to replace him? Benitez is free these days, isn't he? :P
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Threviel

Tuchel after Klopp historically.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on October 30, 2022, 07:31:37 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 29, 2022, 04:13:33 PMLiverpool have just lost to Leeds at home a week after losing to Forest. They're now 9th in the table.

I'd be surprised if Klopp makes it to the post World Cup restart. Question is, who is there to replace him? Benitez is free these days, isn't he? :P

Gerrard is available  :shutup:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on October 30, 2022, 07:31:37 AM

Klopp has not spoken of coaching a national squad yet.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Your boy has scored again, HVC.  :P

Porto first of the group after a disastrous start (two defeats).
Last game was a 2-1 victory vs Atlético Madrid. End of cholismo?  :hmm:
Atlético does not even qualify to Europa League.

Tottenham losing by one goal to Marseille, at half-time.
Conte's bad track record in the Champions' League seems to continue.

FunkMonk

Spurs draw it level. They should pull through and qualify.

I just feel bad for Zoups and Jake for having to watch this terrorism ball from Conte every week  :lol:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 01, 2022, 04:26:19 PMSpurs draw it level. They should pull through and qualify.

I just feel bad for Zoups and Jake for having to watch this terrorism ball from Conte every week  :lol:

Personally I think that's what football is about :lol:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jacob on November 01, 2022, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on November 01, 2022, 04:26:19 PMSpurs draw it level. They should pull through and qualify.

Personally I think that's what football is about :lol:

:lol:  :hug:

Duque de Bragança

So Conte actually managed to qualify for the round of 16 this time.  :P
95th minute goal to get the first spot and send back OM to its domestic league.
Since Sporting lost to Eintracht, there will be "only" two Portuguese clubs in the round of 16. That's more than for the ™Ligue des Tas Lents™ or even La Liga (a first I believe).