News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

As you all know I know almost nothing of football, so I actually read what wiki says about tiki-taka. Apparently Guardiola and Barcelona is not to blame for the boring parts of it. They inspired the Spanish team that created the deadly "Tiki-taka of doom" that threatened the very essence of football with its sheer boredom.

So sorry to Barcelone from me and fuck you Spain (The team that is, not Spain as a country)!

celedhring

The CJEU is seeing the Superliga case today and tomorrow. According to insiders it's expected it will eventually rule in favor of UEFA (the case is essentially the Superliga's remaining promoters questioning the legality of UEFA's de facto monopoly on professional football in Europe).

celedhring

Why am I made to suffer so much?  :bleeding:

Threviel

Is that Fridolina Rolfö? And some dudes.

celedhring

Quote from: Threviel on July 11, 2022, 05:32:56 AMIs that Fridolina Rolfö? And some dudes.

Yes, that's her.

Dudes are Frenkie de Jong (who might be gone in a few days), and Eric García.

The Larch

Isn't de Jong really not into being sold to Man United? All the rumours are about him wanting to stay, the club wanting to cash in, and then Laporta came out saying they don't want to sell him...

On the other hand, you'd have a hard time finding somebody who wanted to pay for Eric García.  :P How he's still being considered for both Barcelona and the national team I just can't fathom.

celedhring

Yeah, he doesn't want to leave (which tells you how fucked up ManU are more than anything) but the club has to cash in. We have a glut of midfielders so he seems to be the best option given his market value and the fact he's never quite met expectations. There's reportedly a meeting today between Xavi, Laporta, and De Jong to make a decision.

I think he's getting sold.

The Larch

He has not met expectations? I had the impression that he was one of the team's stalwarts.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 06:01:34 AMHe has not met expectations? I had the impression that he was one of the team's stalwarts.

Not in the slightest. He's had the odd dominant game, but most of the time he's very static and fails to lead a midfield where everybody else is essentially a teenager.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2022, 06:10:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 06:01:34 AMHe has not met expectations? I had the impression that he was one of the team's stalwarts.

Not in the slightest. He's had the odd dominant game, but most of the time he's very static and fails to lead a midfield where everybody else is essentially a teenager.

Comunio has failed me.  -_-

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 06:13:10 AM

I'd rather keep him - if we can afford it, which is dubious. He's talented and we need a starting midfielder that's not either 17 or pushing 40.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2022, 06:20:10 AM

I'd rather keep him - if we can afford it, which is dubious. He's talented and we need a starting midfielder that's not either 17 or pushing 40.

I read somewhere that one of the issues he's had at Barcelona is that he has not relaly settled down in a precise role in the pitch. What do you see as his most useful possible role? Busquets replacement? More mobile player further up in the field?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 06:23:49 AM

I read somewhere that one of the issues he's had at Barcelona is that he has not relaly settled down in a precise role in the pitch. What do you see as his most useful possible role? Busquets replacement? More mobile player further up in the field?

IIRC at Ajax he thrived in a more box-to-box rule which we don't quite use. We are in a bit of a flux, though, we'll see when/if Xavi manages to implement his preferred playing style which calls for more moblity from midfield.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 11, 2022, 07:01:04 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 06:23:49 AM

IIRC at Ajax he thrived in a more box-to-box rule which we don't quite use. We are in a bit of a flux, though, we'll see when/if Xavi manages to implement his preferred playing style which calls for more moblity from midfield.

IIRC Busquets is entering into the last year on his current contract. Do you see the club extending him in the future or would they rather say goodbye to him at the end of the season?

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on July 11, 2022, 07:05:01 AMIIRC Busquets is entering into the last year on his current contract. Do you see the club extending him in the future or would they rather say goodbye to him at the end of the season?

It's strongly rumored that he's off to the MLS after his season.

Still a good player with no easy replacement (De Jong seems the obvious one, but for whatever reason he's never been played there a significant amount of time by any of the managers), but a contract that we can do without.