Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Of course Languish is full of Spurs fans :bleeding:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2022, 06:44:47 PM2 = full?

I suppose monk believes the max capacity is 0.  :P

Tamas

Sheilbh

:lol:
QuoteBBC apologises after 'Manchester United are rubbish' appears on ticker

Line appeared on news channel during morning update
    Channel says trainee had been learning behind scenes
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/24/bbc-apologises-after-manchester-united-are-rubbish-appears-on-ticker-news-tennis

Poor trainee - probably thought they were in a test environment but accidentally live. Also not really news at this point.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

UK and EU approved the sale of Chelsea - which cimplies with both sets of sanctions:
QuoteMairead McGuinness
@McGuinnessEU
Following detailed discussions between @EU_Commission, UK & Portugal, I am pleased that we have received the necessary guarantees that the sale of @ChelseaFC is fully in line with EU sanctions rules. Proceeds go entirely to humanitarian purposes in Ukraine

Don't fully get how the finances work given the (crazy) price and that the main investor is a private equity group.

And now Tamas gets to support his team in a non-morally conflicting way - unlike most fans of English football teams :lol: :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

What does Portugal have to do with it?

Sheilbh

Abramovich had Portuguese citizenship.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

asoka

There's another possibly fatal EU flaw.

Sheilbh

They were still able to sanction him - so not sure it caused that much of an issue.
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2022, 04:45:32 PMAnd now Tamas gets to support his team in a non-morally conflicting way - unlike most fans of English football teams :lol: :bleeding: :weep:

Without oligarch money flowing in how long until they suck?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Aston Villa has just signed Boubacar Kamara from Olympique Marseille and Diego Carlos from Sevilla.

There really is no economic balance at all at the moment in club football when a mid-table Premier league team has more financial muscle than top teams from France or Spain.

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 25, 2022, 04:45:32 PMAnd now Tamas gets to support his team in a non-morally conflicting way - unlike most fans of English football teams :lol: :bleeding: :weep:

I am already enjoying the view off the top of my moral high horse.

crazy canuck

Soccer Canada had scheduled a friendly to take place in Vancouver between Canada and Iran. Apparently the organizers forgot that Iran shot down a commercial air liner a little over two years ago which contained about 80 Canadians and permanent residents of Canada, many of whom lived in North Vancouver.

It has now been cancelled.