Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on March 15, 2022, 04:25:00 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 15, 2022, 04:15:19 PMAlso Spotify Camp Nou  :lol:

They need all the money they can get.  :P

Our wage cap is currently *negative* - as in we should get players to pay the club for playing in order to balance the books  :lmfao:

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2022, 06:30:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2022, 03:38:13 PMFinal round of CONCACAF qualifiers starts up in a week and a half. :ph34r:

Mexico, Panama, and Costa Rica? We got this. Just glad we are not playing that soccer juggernaut that is Canada again.

:D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

All is well in the world.  :showoff:

FunkMonk

Yeah, still men vs boys out there vs Liverpool. Arsenal had a great first half but couldn't convert their chances and then made dumb mistakes in the second half. The usual story against the top sides.

This leaves the door just slightly open for Manchester United to sneak into 4th, but I'm not expecting them to be consistent enough to keep pace with Arsenal. We'll see.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

I'd be ecstatic with 5th. Spurs have been so inconsistent that my early prediction of 8th still holds.  :cry:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on March 16, 2022, 05:35:46 PMI'd be ecstatic with 5th. Spurs have been so inconsistent that my early prediction of 8th still holds.  :cry:

Spurs still have an outside chance at 4th but only if Arsenal totally collapse, which being a long-time Arsenal fan I'm telling you is completely possible  :lol:

We'll see if Arteta really has changed the culture at Arsenal, then. 

Josquius

Everton vs Newcastle just took an interesting turn.
To quote my gf "oh wow we can watch football more often if its this exciting".

Guy with a stop oil t shirt chained himself to the goal post and took forever to cut him off :lol:

I wonder whether this will be counter productive for his cause with certain types looking to make a culture war about environmental matters particularly targeting football fans.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

A protestor tied himself to the goalpost at Everton-Newcastle  :lol:

#EVENEW https://t.co/iiDQK7nq9n

Sheilbh

From Twitter - this guy must have been waiting for his moment to shine in so many games over the years :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2022, 06:54:26 PMFrom Twitter - this guy must have been waiting for his moment to shine in so many games over the years :lol:

He brought up that whole thing for a plastic strip that could be cut with a pair of regular scissors?  :lol:

Sheilbh

He's brought those bolt-cutters to the game for the past 40 years and by God he's going to use them :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

"There's my job as Club Bolt Cutter Guy officially secured for the next decade"
He thought.
Then he took half an hour to do it.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Champions League QFs

Chelsea - R. Madrid
Man City - A. Madrid
Bayern - Villarreal
Liverpool - Benfica

The Larch

Europa League QFs

RB Leipzig - Atalanta
Braga - Rangers
West Ham - Olympique Lyon
Eintracht Frankfurt - Barcelona

FunkMonk

Arsenal won a tough away game after 3 games in a week. Fatigue obviously set in in the second half but the boys pulled through. Still can't quite believe I'm  seeing a tough, durable Arsenal side grind out a win.

I like to check United reddit after a good result and half of them are wishing Arteta would come to them  :lol:

Strange days indeed.

Top 4 Trophy is still on.