News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I do not want to see Everton relegated so please Spurs let them have a point.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

I went to the cinema.

Yet again my choice to not watch Everton is vindicated <_< :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 07, 2022, 04:15:21 PMI went to the cinema.

Yet again my choice to not watch Everton is vindicated <_< :weep:

Fair weather fan.  :thumbsdown:

Josephus

So I'm watching the Liverpool v. Inter game and there was an interruption for some kind of fan illness in the stands. There was another game I was watching on the weekend where this also happened. I'v noticed this happen two or three other times in the past year. Yet before this I have NEVER noticed this.
Anyone else notice this? What gives? New protocols on fan illnesses?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

PSG can't buy a Champions League title. Literally
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on March 09, 2022, 05:00:36 PMPSG can't buy a Champions League title. Literally

You can pay for school but you can't buy class

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2022, 03:55:38 PMSo I'm watching the Liverpool v. Inter game and there was an interruption for some kind of fan illness in the stands. There was another game I was watching on the weekend where this also happened. I'v noticed this happen two or three other times in the past year. Yet before this I have NEVER noticed this.
Anyone else notice this? What gives? New protocols on fan illnesses?

Yeah, recently happened with a Sunderland game too, delayed play for a good hour and meant it didn't finish till nearly 11pm; the ill fan unfortunately died too.

It is strange. I wonder if people not being used to crowds could be a factor. I certainly don't think it's something so simple as new rules; a guy passing out in the stands and dying does seem like something that would make the news even if the game goes on whilst it's happening.

Thinking about this more I thinkkkkk I can remember it happening in a Premier league game a decade ago?
Can't remember what teams though.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

On a personal note, sorry this is happening to your club Tamas.  :hug:

I mean, I'm ecstatic (  :P  ) but also I feel bad for you and other Chels fans who hated Roman but still loved your club.

Sheilbh

No idea how a club functions with those restrictions - apparently government is open to allowing it to be sold (which would require another licence) but it would need to be in a way where the proceeds were also frozen.

People pointing out the, I think, £20k limit on travel for matches which may be challenging in European games.

Feel for Tamas and other fans who didn't chant "Roman Abramovich" as you say :( Although I can't think of many funnier days to have a look at Arsenal or Spurs Twitter if you're inclined that way :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

I don't feel bad for them, they've been fine with dirty money buying them championships for 20 years.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2022, 09:55:25 AMAlthough I can't think of many funnier days to have a look at Arsenal or Spurs Twitter if you're inclined that way :lol:

The Arsenal supporter Discord I'm in has been celebrating like we've won the league  :lol:

Arsene knew.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 09, 2022, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 09, 2022, 05:00:36 PMPSG can't buy a Champions League title. Literally

Worked for Chel$ky though.  :P

Old-guard PSG fans (pre-QSI) would say it worked for Marseille, along with other shenanigans.

FunkMonk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 10, 2022, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 10, 2022, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 09, 2022, 05:12:19 PM

Worked for Chel$ky though.  :P

:secret:

:secret:

You forgot to adress the second sentence, at the very least.