And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Can Languish raise enough cash to buy?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

FunkMonk

Yi and Tamas, buy Chelsea FC plz
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Hopefully we'll get to see Chelsea as a midtable Championship side in 5 years after Roman fucks off

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 02, 2022, 07:41:41 AMCan Languish raise enough cash to buy?

We really just need to convince Habs to sell his crypto and we should be good.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 02, 2022, 10:03:28 AMHopefully we'll get to see Chelsea as a midtable Championship side in 5 years after Roman fucks off

Let's not get overboard with a Thai oligarch, various Gulf monarchies, and Saud bloody Arabia being amongst club owners in England.

It's probably going to ruin the club in the short term but I am glad to see Abramovich go.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Tamas on March 02, 2022, 01:30:00 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 02, 2022, 10:03:28 AMHopefully we'll get to see Chelsea as a midtable Championship side in 5 years after Roman fucks off

Let's not get overboard with a Thai oligarch, various Gulf monarchies, and Saud bloody Arabia being amongst club owners in England.

It's probably going to ruin the club in the short term but I am glad to see Abramovich go.

I think more realistically, if Chelsea miss out on Champions League for a season or two, they'll end up like Arsenal have been for the last couple seasons, rounding out the top of the midtable Premier League sides. I guess it will depend on who the new ownership is and how much they'll be willing to spend (or how much they decide will have to be cut).

I can see Newcastle taking Chelsea's place in the Top 4-6. The next couple seasons will be very interesting.

Sheilbh

True magic of the cup as Chelsea are playing Luton Town tonight - Luton fans are chanting "you're getting sold in the morning" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Apparently Abramovich is also writing off 1.5 billion pounds in loans to the club.

mongers

What's Chelsea now worth, 2-3? ; maybe I'll put a bid in adn go as high as a fiver?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 02, 2022, 03:04:54 PMApparently Abramovich is also writing off 1.5 billion pounds in loans to the club.

I'd like to thank the Russian taxpayers from whom most of that was stolen.

Sheilbh

Ah Chelsea:
QuoteCrowd at Turf Moor stands and applauds to show solidarity with Ukraine. Chelsea fans interrupt with chants of 'Roman Abramovich, Roman Abramovich'.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2022, 10:08:43 AMAh Chelsea:
QuoteCrowd at Turf Moor stands and applauds to show solidarity with Ukraine. Chelsea fans interrupt with chants of 'Roman Abramovich, Roman Abramovich'.

:bleeding:

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2022, 10:08:43 AMAh Chelsea:

Exhibit A in demonstrating how well sportswashing works

Zoupa

Sheilbh if you're watching this I'm sorry. Rough 1st half.

Although Gordon needs to stop whining and stay on his feet.