And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

celedhring

I'm speechless :lol:

QuoteRoman Abramovich is trying to broker a peaceful end to the war in Ukraine, his spokesperson has said.

A spokesman for the Chelsea owner said:

I can confirm that Roman Abramovich was contacted by the Ukrainian side for support in achieving a peaceful resolution, and that he has been trying to help ever since.

Considering what is at stake, we would ask for your understanding as to why we have not commented on neither the situation as such nor his involvement.

The Jerusalem Post reports that Abramovich is in Belarus assisting in the Ukraine-Russia talks, at the request of Ukraine.

The Larch

Spartak Moscow to be kicked off from the Europa League.

The Larch

FIFA and UEFA suspend all Russian teams and clubs from their competitions

Duque de Bragança

Russian Football Federation team may still play the World Cup 2022 play-offs however.  :hmm:

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 28, 2022, 12:57:48 PMRussian Football Federation team may still play the World Cup 2022 play-offs however.  :hmm:

No, they're also out.

Duque de Bragança

Seems clearer now. Though, as pointed out by Richard, Chel$ky is still in.  :P

FunkMonk

Wtf Keep Politics out of Football!!!!!!!1111
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Leeds fires Bielsa and bring in Jesse Marsch. You might not have heard of him.

American, played in MLS, coached Leipzig. He was Montreal's first MLS coach and he sucked ass. Of course that was 10 years ago but still.

Good luck Leeds... This is a long way from Don Revie.

Josquius

What happened?

Leeds have been keeping their heads above water thus far
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on February 28, 2022, 04:50:11 PMLeeds fires Bielsa and bring in Jesse Marsch. You might not have heard of him.

American, played in MLS, coached Leipzig. He was Montreal's first MLS coach and he sucked ass. Of course that was 10 years ago but still.

I love a good failing upwards story.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on February 28, 2022, 05:11:51 PMWhat happened?

Don't know the particulars but Bielsa is notoriously difficult. I'm surprised he lasted at Leeds this long.

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on February 28, 2022, 05:11:51 PMWhat happened?

Tehy're sinking pretty fast and shipping goals like crazy. Last five results: 3-3; 0-3; 2-4; 0-6; 0-4.

They are 2 points above and have played 2 games more than Burnley in 18th.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2022, 10:22:32 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 28, 2022, 04:50:11 PMLeeds fires Bielsa and bring in Jesse Marsch. You might not have heard of him.

I love a good failing upwards story.

He redeemed himself with Red Bull Salzbourg too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Looks like Abramovich is really trying to sell Chelsea, the asking price is reportedly $3 billion. It feels like he should be sanctioned before he has a chance to sell or it'll have been a failure - esecially because he's the rare Russian oligarch who very  openly owns at least one big asset in the UK (most might have a house, anything else is held by shell companies, off-shore entities, trusts etc).

I am enjoying the Spurs fan who is always pretty good online running the #LiquidateChelseaForPeace campaign :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!