This pole is discriminatory against those with one eye
0 (0%)
OTHER
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Josquius

We're all nerds here.
Do we fit the image?

By glasses here I of course mean optician prescribed or reading glasses, not cool aviator shades you smart-arse.
And if you wear contacts instead those are counted as glasses.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

I wear them to read, primarily.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

I had glasses till college, then I got contacts. When I did, I vowed never to wear glasses in public again. A few years ago I took the plunge and got LASIK and have loved every post healing moment of good vision since!  :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Since age 11. I guess it may be different due to old age but the laser eye surgeries my relatives got have all eventually regressed to various degrees, so I will wait until I will inevitably have cataracts and have that done when it has to be done then.

HVC

I wear glasses. Used contacts from 18 to mid 30s, but then I got a cat. I have allergies so can't be touching my eyes. It's worth the sacrifice.

Had a consultation for laser, but I have unusually large pupils I guess, they warned I might get a halo effect and if I did it'd be pretty severe.  It was several years ago, maybe they've gotten better. Maybe I'll go again.

*edit* near sighted. Great vision up close, blind as hell at a distance.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

This poll is discriminatory against Poles.

Razgovory

I don't wear glasses very often in my apartment, but I do when I go out.  I absolutely need them to drive.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2024, 05:54:34 AMI wear them to read, primarily.

I used to wear glasses all the time. But now that I am old I have to take them off to read. How ironic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I got my first pair when I was 4. :nerd:

I have bifocals now, but like Valmy I just take them off to read my phone... it's easier.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on January 10, 2024, 09:32:56 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 10, 2024, 05:54:34 AMI wear them to read, primarily.

I used to wear glasses all the time. But now that I am old I have to take them off to read. How ironic.

I am near-sighted and this has started for me about a year ago. The optician explained that if I don't want to be removing it I could have this bifocal glasses which (she didn't say) the elderly wear. I have never felt so old than when hearing that from that attractive young lady.  :cry: Obviously I just take it off.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2024, 09:50:51 AMI have never felt so old than when hearing that from that attractive young lady.  :cry: 
Bro don't worry about it.  Chicks like old guys.

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on January 10, 2024, 09:52:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 10, 2024, 09:50:51 AMI have never felt so old than when hearing that from that attractive young lady.  :cry: 
Bro don't worry about it.  Chicks like old guys.

Rich old guys :contract: :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Gups

I've very short-sighted and have worn glasses since I was about 7.