News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Gaming HQ / Re: The Miscellaneous PC & vid...
Last post by Josquius - Today at 12:53:35 AM
Honestly I'm not getting it. Why is it so special? Aren't there a million similar games out there? What does this one do different?
That said it did end up on my wishlist somehow.
Off the Record / Re: The China Thread
Last post by MadImmortalMan - Today at 12:03:40 AM
There's a lot of westerners being paid to be shills for China's state media right now. Cyrus Jansen, et al.
Off the Record / Re: NHL Hockey thread
Last post by PRC - April 26, 2024, 11:55:04 PM
Wearing a jersey that doesn't belong to one of the two teams playing is generally viewed as tool-like behaviour.  If it's from another sport altogether but matches the colours or city of one of the teams (IE wearing a red Stampeders shirt to a Flames game or wearing a Broncos jersey to a Nuggets game) that gets a pass.
Off the Record / Re: What does a TRUMP presiden...
Last post by viper37 - April 26, 2024, 11:41:58 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 26, 2024, 09:25:54 AM"We are writing a rule for the ages." -- Neil Gorsuch

That one line encapsulates everything that has wrong with the Supreme Court, and how much the judicial right has betrayed its own supposed conservative principles.

They said they don't want activist judges that write laws.  No one said anything about rules. :P
Last post by Valmy - April 26, 2024, 11:41:35 PM
At least the Rangers are putting me out my misery quickly.
Last post by viper37 - April 26, 2024, 11:39:01 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2024, 03:26:52 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2024, 02:05:14 PMLawyer beaten and left in an alley, News at 11

See that's the last thing I'd worry about.  I've worn a Jets jersey to Rogers Place lots of time - when the Jets are the visiting team.  It's actually fun - never really been hassled, I'm definitely not the only one (lots of us Toban expats out in Alberta).

Just more wondering about wearing it when the Jets aren't even playing - but then again it's only a watch party to begin with.

It's only a match party, but it's an Oilers match party.

Get your Slayer jersey instead, you'll look badass in it. :showoff:
Off the Record / Re: [Canada] Canadian Politics...
Last post by viper37 - April 26, 2024, 11:17:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 26, 2024, 11:47:21 AMI agree that is the most likely scenario.  The wildcard is that I doubt Carney would want to wait till the following election given his age and stage.  It would be much better for him if Trudeau stepped down now.  And we have already discussed the grumbling within the party that many want that to happen.

Obviously.

But does he have enough support to make it happen?

The Libs are this point because theu collectively failed.  Some might fear a purge.
Off the Record / Re: Youtube Recommendations
Last post by Admiral Yi - April 26, 2024, 10:20:55 PM

Cute Chinese girls being harmlessly pranked on stairs.
Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Admiral Yi - April 26, 2024, 09:10:44 PM
I agree Squeeze.  Let's define anti-Semitism. 
Gaming HQ / Re: The Miscellaneous PC & vid...
Last post by Maladict - April 26, 2024, 07:02:58 PM
Manor Lords seems to be living up to the hype.