News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'm sure you guys have seen or will see the FB claim that Obama says "ISIL" as a coded message to his fellow Muslims that he does not see Israel as an independent state, but as a part of the Islamic State.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Savonarola

Quote from: Syt on December 09, 2015, 04:52:01 PM
Brevard County Sheriff's Office, Florida (Official)

https://www.facebook.com/BrevardCountySheriff/videos/913027038780051/?pnref=story

QuoteENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

IT'S TIME TO SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID TO PROTECT OUR CITIZENS!!

The sheriff also does Wheel of Fugitive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09gzkWFxDmQ&feature=youtu.be

My sheriff   :)

The Melbourne Mall shooting that he references took place about a mile from where I live.  CB and I were driving back from Sam's Club one morning and we saw all these patrol cars in the parking lot in front of the mall.  The police do their driving training in the mall parking lot so we assumed that was what was going on; and soon found out we were wrong.

Anyhow that's pretty typical of law enforcement here.  This is still small town / rural Florida.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Jesus looks like Seth Green.

Could be legit.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on December 09, 2015, 08:57:01 PM

Against cazadors, nail guns are probably the best weapon in Fallout New Vegas.  Jesus doesn't know shit about the game..
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Savonarola on December 09, 2015, 07:37:50 PM

My sheriff   :)

The Melbourne Mall shooting that he references took place about a mile from where I live.  CB and I were driving back from Sam's Club one morning and we saw all these patrol cars in the parking lot in front of the mall.  The police do their driving training in the mall parking lot so we assumed that was what was going on; and soon found out we were wrong.

Anyhow that's pretty typical of law enforcement here.  This is still small town / rural Florida.

I'm just glad that someone with my weight can still be elected sheriff in the U.S. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Star Wars with a Syrian refugee photoshopped in.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Just saw this on facebook. :hmm:

QuoteAccording to the UN, today is World Human Rights day. Yet all of our human rights are being violated by this prison-industrial-corporate-state-complex led COP 21 climate negotiations process. Negotiations over whose islands will flood? Which people will die? The seas are rising and so are we. Violence against the people is violence against the planet. Time for a Just Transition away from extractive, violence-based capitalist economies, toward a life-based, healing, and ecological solidarity economy. ‪#‎ClimateJusticeNow‬ ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ ‪#‎IndigenousRising‬ ‪#‎JustTransition‬ ‪#‎COP21‬
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.