News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Or it keeps slippin slippin slippin into the future, one of the two.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Yeah, sorry.  Apparently a backup routine I has running misbehaved and filled up the disk partition the database is on.

mongers

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on January 18, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
Yeah, sorry.  Apparently a backup routine I has running misbehaved and filled up the disk partition the database is on.

Great work Vm, thanks for being on the case; our unsung hero. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Backups, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em ;)

:cheers:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

:w00t: My life has meaning again.

garbon

Now that we have all taken the time to reflect and clear our heads - I'm sure Marti will come back rather improved. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I'm working on transferring the domain registration from DotEasy to Hover, where the rest of my domains are, so there may be a DNS hiccup in the next few days.

If you want to set the IP manually in your hosts to avoid problems, it is currently 108.166.163.106.  I would suggest removing it after the transfer is complete, in case I need to change the IP in the future.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Transfer is pending and should be done by the middle of next week.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Y'all didn't listen to me, didja? :P

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

vM, I think most people are Chrome users and even if they hack their host files, if they just type 'languish.org' into their address bar, it won't work because Chrome always wants to be searching for an address.  You'd have to put 'http://' in there, too, or else it won't work post-host file update.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The hosts file is baked in to the DNS lookup path in the operating system.  Whenever an application performs a lookup, the networking driver hits the local hosts file first, then each DNS server in the order they were listed in the settings.