[Gay] Gay News from Around the Gay World That is Gay

Started by Martinus, June 19, 2009, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 25, 2009, 03:13:58 PM
QuoteShe denies the church is prejudiced

They love gay people.  They want to save them all from the demons of gayness.
Surgery is the best way to do this. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

I guess this is the best thread for this:

My brother works on an app that assigns an identification code to medical reports, based on semantics and a given dictionary of illnesses, procedures and such. This is useful for admin purposes (calculating costs, planning what to buy or who to hire next, etc).
Anyway, recently a panicked civil servant contacted them: they had discovered the dictionary (which had been supplied by them to my brother's team) listed homosexuality as an illness. And they wanted it gone before someone (the press!) found out! :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Iormlund on June 25, 2009, 04:14:15 PM
I guess this is the best thread for this:

My brother works on an app that assigns an identification code to medical reports, based on semantics and a given dictionary of illnesses, procedures and such. This is useful for admin purposes (calculating costs, planning what to buy or who to hire next, etc).
Anyway, recently a panicked civil servant contacted them: they had discovered the dictionary (which had been supplied by them to my brother's team) listed homosexuality as an illness. And they wanted it gone before someone (the press!) found out! :lol:

That's it. I'm calling El Pais.  :mad:

ulmont

Quote from: Iormlund on June 25, 2009, 04:14:15 PM
Anyway, recently a panicked civil servant contacted them: they had discovered the dictionary (which had been supplied by them to my brother's team) listed homosexuality as an illness.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (the ultimate psychology reference in the US) had homosexuality as an illness from 1952 to about 1987 (the DSM-III-R).

Of course, it also had "pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder" for the same period, so maybe your brother should check on that as well.  ;)

Martinus

Apparently, the Lithuanian President vetoed the homophobic law I posted about earlier. Now the Lithuanian Parliament needs 2/3 majority to overrule the veto. Still, kudos to the Pres.

In other news: did you know that HIV positive foreigners right now cannot enter the US? Apparently, they are now moving to repeal that policy. Still it's a bit of a disgrace, isn't it?

Ed Anger

Nope. They can stay home and keep their diseases away from us.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2009, 02:36:01 PM
In other news: did you know that HIV positive foreigners right now cannot enter the US? Apparently, they are now moving to repeal that policy. Still it's a bit of a disgrace, isn't it?
Why would anyone want more AIDS-monkey faggots to enter the US?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

They'll steal all our AZT and see the big board.

MadImmortalMan

You're not suggesting this is a gay issue, are you?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 28, 2009, 03:58:39 PM

For some reason, all gay news sites are reporting this, so why don't you take it with them?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on June 28, 2009, 04:02:12 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 28, 2009, 03:58:39 PM

For some reason, all gay news sites are reporting this, so why don't you take it with them?

Gay news, giving you info on old policy.

Martinus

Personally I loved this piece of news:

QuoteJune 26, 2009
Poland Gets First Openly Gay Rabbi
By Julie Bolcer

The Associated Press profiles Aaron Katz, Poland's first openly gay rabbi, whose achievement has some Jews asking whether the country is ready for such a trailblazer.

Katz, 53, serves Beit Warszawa,  a Reform congregation in Warsaw. He lives in the capital city's historic Jewish district with Kevin Gleason, a former Hollywood producer with whom he entered into a domestic partnership in Los Angeles two years ago. The couple, who consider themselves married, moved to Warsaw in March.

Katz, who has opened his home to the community, said he has not faced discrimination or homophobia in Poland, an overwhelmingly Catholic country where leading politicians have publicly declared antigay views in recent years. However, some community members privately told the AP that they worried their community, its size decimated by the Holocaust, remained too "fragile" to sustain any potential controversy.

Born in Argentina to parents who fled the Holocaust in Poland, Katz has five children from a previous marriage to a woman when he was an Orthodox rabbi in Sweden.

Valmy

:Joos

QuoteKatz has five children from a previous marriage to a woman when he was an Orthodox rabbi in Sweden.

I am glad you don't hold his breeding against him Marty.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 29, 2009, 08:41:07 AM
:Joos

QuoteKatz has five children from a previous marriage to a woman when he was an Orthodox rabbi in Sweden.

I am glad you don't hold his breeding against him Marty.

Everyone is entitled to make mistakes in their past. I considered becoming a priest, for example. It's good he saw the light in the end though. :P