News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

This may be interesting I hope. I need a Fallout type fix.

http://www.nuclearunion.com/

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Solmyr

Razgovory

I suppose imagining a ramshackle post-apocalyptic world is fairly easy if you live in Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I picked up Deadlight.

2D sidescroller in the Unreal engine. Graphics look pretty good. In a nutshell, this is (the old) Prince of Persia or Another World meets The Walking Dead in 1986 Seattle. Cutscenes are done in comicbook style. You can fight the zombies, but most of the time it's much better to avoid them or trap them. Gun toting should be reserved for extreme circumstances because it's very likely to draw more zombies.

I've finished the game in just over 4 hours (and I'm not exactly a wizkid when it comes to platformers). I enjoyed the game quite a bit, despite a VERY silly sewers sequence. The twist at the end was not really surprising; and I thought some of the action sequences were a bit luck based. The checkpoint system cancels out most of the frustration, though.

The game unlocks a nightmare mode, which is like regular mode but without checkpoiints. Also, you can find three 1980s style "handheld" LCD games during the levels which you can then play from the main menu.

Overall I had good fun, but I guess my recommendation would be to wait for a 50% off sale, as 12$ seems a bit high for a 4 hour game.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I've played Frog Fractions.

http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions

Words can't begin to describe . . .  :blink: :wacko: :lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2012, 10:10:22 AM
I've played Frog Fractions.

http://twinbeardstudios.com/frog-fractions

Words can't begin to describe . . .  :blink: :wacko: :lmfao:

So bizarre! And when you get to Frog Teaches Typing...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I stopped when I bought that power that uninstalled all my other powers. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

That did get way weirder.  Hearst Castle though! :wub:

Syt

Still not sure what the point of the game was, though. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Anyone know if FarCry 3 is more like the awesome original or the bed-shitting sequel?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Little bit of both. You get to hunt tigers & eat them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

In honor of Armistice Day I bought Strategic Command WW1 + Expansion today.

AARs may or may not follow.
—Stephen Jay Gould