Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Good luck with the exams DGuller.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 04, 2011, 05:32:14 PM
Getting ready for my investments actuarial exam tomorrow.  I really hope I'll do well, and have enough time to answer all the questions.  Failing the same exam for the fourth time would just be too sickening.

Unfortantly, those tests often have "anti-Russian" mechanisms do to the innate nativism of the profession.

Example:

QuoteA survey of a group's viewing habits over the last year revealed the following
information:
(i) 28% watched gymnastics
(ii) 29% watched baseball
(iii) 19% watched soccer
(iv) 14% watched gymnastics and baseball
(v) 12% watched baseball and soccer
(vi) 10% watched gymnastics and soccer
(vii) 8% watched all three sports.
Calculate the percentage of the group that watched none of the three sports
during the last year.
(A) 24
(B) 36
(C) 41
(D) 52
(E) Tasty Black Bread! Приятного аппетита!  Моё судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

It's better then my Russian.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Camerus

I have only one week left on my contract before I am outta here.   :showoff:

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 05, 2011, 12:04:39 PM

You were contracted to post on Languish?  Damn.  I've been doing it for free.

Camerus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 05, 2011, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 05, 2011, 12:04:39 PM

You were contracted to post on Languish?  Damn.  I've been doing it for free.

It feels that way more often than not.   :wacko:

Barrister

I toured the Edmonton Remand Centre today.

It smelled like tinkle.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Camerus

I went to a Chinese fast food place for lunch today and ordered the 3 dishes + rice option for $6.  I've never been given so much food in my life for $6.  I tried to power through it, but stopped at the 50% mark.

C.C.R.

Wifey took both of the Weiner Kids out to run errands this morning, so after doing the dishes I just sat out in the yard for awhile with Stanley, drinking my coffee, smoking cigarettes, listening to Led Zeppelin I & watching cars go buy...

:ccr

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on May 06, 2011, 03:17:56 PM
I went to a Chinese fast food place for lunch today and ordered the 3 dishes + rice option for $6.  I've never been given so much food in my life for $6.  I tried to power through it, but stopped at the 50% mark.

Lightweight.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

jamesww

Quote from: Martinus on May 13, 2011, 02:29:32 PM
I bought a bicycle.

I thought you already had one ?

Weren't you going to buy a rowing machine instead ?

I'm surprised they put more than a 100 gear inches on bike like that.

The Brain

I saw Swedish band Johnossi today.

Yes I was the oldest motherfucker in the crowd. Screw you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.