And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on March 08, 2011, 04:03:12 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on March 08, 2011, 03:37:05 PM
apparently, not a single hockey player in the annals of recorded history has ever wanted to move to Winnipeg.

Just look at Beeb he hightailed out of there asap

That must be why, salmon-like, I return there every single year.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Zoupa on March 09, 2011, 12:44:45 AM
Anyone seen the hit by Chara on Pacioretty?

Thoughts?

Sorry, didn't see it.  I'd take a look if you link some video.

I'm somewhat single-minded these days...

Barrister

I finally tracked down video from Bettman's news conference:

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=159&id=101867

Wow.  He's pissed, yet there's absolutely nothing new here.  Why fly out to Arizona when you have nothing new to add?

However, seeing the angry commissioner is kind of funny.

Edit: although as I kept watching, he said he is aware of the interest "in Winnipeg, and is appreciative of that interest".  It's not like he mentioned any other interest in the franchise.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2011, 03:13:04 AM

Thoughts?

Sorry, didn't see it.  I'd take a look if you link some video.

I'm somewhat single-minded these days...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555430
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Thoughts?
That was a pretty crappy play by Chara.  The puck was long gone, and he Pacioretty was beating him on the outside, so he had to do something, and drilling guys into the boards is what Chara does.  He's done that a hundred times, but because of where he was on the ice, it was a dangerous hit.  He definitely earned the major and the game misconduct, but I'd be surprised if he got a suspension, even though I think one is deserved.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

I agree with Bob Mckenzie 2 games seems what the league will suspend. If it's suspend at all.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Thoughts?
Not pretty, borderline vicious, not intentional.  Chara is a big, well, huge guy.  He should have known it was dangerous zone even if he didn't want Pacioretty to hit the "soft" border and be knocked unconscious.  I think he watched a little too much of Spartacus lately.  It might be called an arena, but it's not an "arena".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2011, 03:16:05 AM
I finally tracked down video from Bettman's news conference:

http://video.coyotes.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=159&id=101867

Wow.  He's pissed, yet there's absolutely nothing new here.  Why fly out to Arizona when you have nothing new to add?

However, seeing the angry commissioner is kind of funny.
What did I tell you?  ;)

Edit: although as I kept watching, he said he is aware of the interest "in Winnipeg, and is appreciative of that interest".  It's not like he mentioned any other interest in the franchise.
It's a diversion.  Everyone's attention will be focused to Winnipeg while he secretly moves the team to Quebec city :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on March 09, 2011, 10:14:58 AM

Thoughts?
Not pretty, borderline vicious, not intentional.  Chara is a big, well, huge guy.  He should have known it was dangerous zone even if he didn't want Pacioretty to hit the "soft" border and be knocked unconscious.  I think he watched a little too much of Spartacus lately.  It might be called an arena, but it's not an "arena".

We must not forget it's Chara vs PatCHes. Chara is pissed off at PatCHes since early Jan.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 09, 2011, 10:20:29 AM
We must not forget it's Chara vs PatCHes. Chara is pissed off at PatCHes since early Jan.
he probably wanted him out of the game, but not like this.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zoupa

Not even surprised. The NHL really is a joke.

Such a beautiful sport, such a moronic league. It's a shame. It really turns me off the whole sport.

PRC

The hit wasn't that bad.  Chara was beat to the puck so he took the man and he just hit the guy and it was in a bad spot on the ice.  Chara did not go after the guys head in any way and if that was into the boards at any other part of the rink then there would have been no problem.  Chara should only have gotten a 2 minute interference penalty on the play. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: PRC on March 10, 2011, 12:52:04 PM
The hit wasn't that bad.  Chara was beat to the puck so he took the man and he just hit the guy and it was in a bad spot on the ice.  Chara did not go after the guys head in any way and if that was into the boards at any other part of the rink then there would have been no problem.  Chara should only have gotten a 2 minute interference penalty on the play.

No he souldn't have a 2mins penalty. When illegal actions results in injury you get a 5min major.  That's the rule.