Main Menu

Solium Infernum - out on Wednesday OMG!

Started by Tamas, November 23, 2009, 01:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Tamas

Tamas

Judging by this comment, we need to get a PBEM going asap:

QuoteEven with the caveat that almost everything is better with more people, as a single player game SI has some issues. Many are related to how weak the AI is but also connected to how many of the diplomatic interactions and the variety ways of gaining prestige require a more fluid understanding of threat and duplicity than any AI is really capable of.

We'll certainly have more to say on this issue as we experiment in both SP and MP. But I think that Armageddon Empires had more hooks for single player play than SI does - visually, mechanics wise, and how the theme gets translated to player movement.

As a MP game, though, this is a lot of fun to play with people you barely trust

Tamas

:lol:

QuoteFine by me. Go ahead and shut the bazaar down. It's not like I can afford anything, what with the freakin' tax that means we get to keep one fewer tribute card every turn. Who played that? Someone who already had plenty of money, I imagine. Someone who's praetor wasn't just killed. Someone who didn't invest heavily to raise his deceit, only have to have a Tyrant of Heaven knock it back down.

Sometimes I hate the event card system. It lets everyone screw with the rules. I want to be the only one who can screw with the rules.

-Tom

Jaron

Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2009, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: Jaron on November 25, 2009, 09:44:58 AM
Looks lame.

It's not like you are a reliable PBEM opponent, so whatever

I am reliable, if the game isn't boring. Like games about editing your dna to slowly evolve to eat berries instead of leaves. :lol:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Grey Fox

How does this game looks?

I can't find screenshots to save my life.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2009, 12:10:31 PM
How does this game looks?

I can't find screenshots to save my life.

the map sucks but who cares.

Release time is: 9PM EST. WTF thats like 3AM here.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Is there a good MP AAR out there?

How does communication in MP work - can you talk to your opponents in some fashion?

Is it driven by e-mail?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2009, 01:07:09 PM
Is there a good MP AAR out there?

How does communication in MP work - can you talk to your opponents in some fashion?

Is it driven by e-mail?

I think it is PBEM yes. Assuming it is indeed as great as I hope, can we organize a pbem session for say, Sunday? I'll have Monday off, so I could stay up well into US evening-time to make some proper progress, maybe even finish a game.
The designer points out in his latest blog entry that he put a great deal of effort into the AI, but due to the apparent flexibility of the game, I don't have my hopes that high for SP.

Berkut

I won't be buying until I hear more, to be honest. I am looking for a great PBEM MP game, but I don't have much faith that I am going to find one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned