News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

After a few week on the mid to low 20s we hit 33 today (felt like 40)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

41 today, a new Texas record for September 8th (previous was 39 in 2012)! We have set about a dozen temperature records this year, in fact we set one yesterday as well.

Next week we are finally going to see more normal temperatures for this time of year and finally see things in the low 30s.

I am so freaking excited. I have been waiting for this since late May. I can finally go outside again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Montreal's heatwave is over. Max is 22 on Saturday.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2023, 01:18:34 PM41 today, a new Texas record for September 8th (previous was 39 in 2012)! We have set about a dozen temperature records this year, in fact we set one yesterday as well.

Next week we are finally going to see more normal temperatures for this time of year and finally see things in the low 30s.

I am so freaking excited. I have been waiting for this since late May. I can finally go outside again.

Man that suck; if I had to live there, I'd have probably committed suicide before the heat eventually ends.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

You would be living in a country the size of a continent. There's somewhere with weather for you only within a small road trip.

mongers

September 'heat-wave' breaks here with light thundery rain.  :bowler:

Syt

Well, looks like summer is finally coming to an end ... in mid-October  :wacko:

If the forecast holds it should be the first spell of days <20° since ... June, I think?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2023, 12:22:20 AMWell, looks like summer is finally coming to an end ... in mid-October  :wacko:

If the forecast holds it should be the first spell of days <20° since ... June, I think?

Yeah just very odd all round, our new weather.   :(

Syt

In total, Vienna has had 98 days of daytime highs over 25°C (despite having a relatively cold May), of which 47 were over 30°. Definitely not normal.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Lots of snow lately. Even around my place. I live low down and fairly near the sea so rarely see anything.
Up my parents place there's a lot more.
Chaos is surprisingly light (usually a little snow and society breaks down) with only a few issues like deliveries coming late and the boys swimming class bring cancelled.

It's odd because this time of year usually doesn't see any snow let alone snow that lies. If it comes it's usually towards the back end of winter.

Also odd is that this winter was supposed to be on the warmer side? Solar cycles and all that. I'm sure theres a meteorological explanation but I've not seen it yet.

I approve of snow of course. Winters should be proper.
The boy isn't a fan however. And I suppose it's not good for his health.

What amuses me is that the met office has a yellow snow warning out.
Yellow snow.
Tee hee.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

How much snow? multiple inches high?

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on December 03, 2023, 07:49:35 PMLots of snow lately. Even around my place. I live low down and fairly near the sea so rarely see anything.
Up my parents place there's a lot more.
Chaos is surprisingly light (usually a little snow and society breaks down) with only a few issues like deliveries coming late and the boys swimming class bring cancelled.

It's odd because this time of year usually doesn't see any snow let alone snow that lies. If it comes it's usually towards the back end of winter.

Also odd is that this winter was supposed to be on the warmer side? Solar cycles and all that. I'm sure theres a meteorological explanation but I've not seen it yet.

I approve of snow of course. Winters should be proper.
The boy isn't a fan however. And I suppose it's not good for his health.

What amuses me is that the met office has a yellow snow warning out.
Yellow snow.
Tee hee.

The Atlantic is very warm so we should see more precipitation than usual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 03, 2023, 08:15:58 PMHow much snow? multiple inches high?
A lot for here, where we basically never get snow, not a lot overall. Just an inch or so- though higher up I'm not sure.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Beautiful cold sunny winter's day in Stockholm. Lots of snow and hoarfrost. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Do you get hoar pills with your hoar frost?
—Stephen Jay Gould