And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Why the hell does the Kid have a pony? That's dangerous

:P

Seriously, though, I had a horse and it tried to maim me the first day, I had to roll under the fence. He mellowed out after :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2023, 06:34:05 PMSo, when did guns stopped being considered tools to handle with the utmost care and became a fetishized object in the US?

Since the Death Cult took effective control of the USSC and re-wrote the Second Amendment.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 15, 2023, 07:34:02 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 15, 2023, 06:47:22 PMI had a horse

One percent! One percent!

:D

It was actually a gift from a one percenter. Lived on a farm at the time but we ourself were for from one percenters
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on April 15, 2023, 06:34:05 PMSo, when did guns stopped being considered tools to handle with the utmost care and became a fetishized object in the US?

QuoteSouth Dakota governor says her two-year-old grandchild has several guns
Kristi Noem tells audience at NRA forum toddler has a shotgun, a rifle and a pony

South Dakota's governor told an audience of people that her two-year-old grandchild has several guns.

While speaking on Friday at a National Rifle Association (NRA) lobbying leadership forum in Indiana, the Republican governor Kristi Noem told audience members her toddler grandchild has multiple guns, reported Mediaite.

During her remarks, Noem spoke about her grandchildren: Addie, who is almost two, and Branch, who is a few months old. Noem then said that Addie already had a shotgun and a rifle.

"Now Addie, who you know – soon will need them, I wanna reassure you, she already has a shotgun and she already has a rifle and she's got a little pony named Sparkles too. So the girl is set up," said Noem.

I know an aside but why does every paragraph say the same thing over and over? Think point was clear before it gets to the quote.  :sleep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on April 15, 2023, 07:47:07 PM

It was actually a gift from a one percenter. Lived on a farm at the time but we ourself were for from one percenters

Were they named Grandma? 🧐
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 16, 2023, 02:30:02 AM

Salazar. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2023, 02:05:46 AMI know an aside but why does every paragraph say the same thing over and over? Think point was clear before it gets to the quote.  :sleep:

Word

The Larch

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2023, 02:05:46 AMI know an aside but why does every paragraph say the same thing over and over? Think point was clear before it gets to the quote.  :sleep:

I hadn't realized it, but now that you mention it it's true it's pretty repetitive. There was a second part to the article I didn't include because it dealt with other stuff that might have changed the article's flow.

HVC

Quote from: Syt on April 16, 2023, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 16, 2023, 02:30:02 AM

Salazar. :ph34r:

Lol to both. Actually a rich guy who was a family friend and died under suspicious circumstances in Brazil a few years later :ph34r:

Eddie Teach

Salazar was the horse.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Salazar did not die in Brazil however, unlike Marcello Caetano.  :hmm:

Hamilcar

Read on Reddit that apparently nobody knows where George Santos was born, including whether he was born in the US or not.

Josquius

Quote from: Hamilcar on April 19, 2023, 04:06:34 AMRead on Reddit that apparently nobody knows where George Santos was born, including whether he was born in the US or not.

I'll say one thing for that guy. His biography will be some read.
Catch Me if You Can 2.
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Quote from: Josquius on April 19, 2023, 04:19:23 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on April 19, 2023, 04:06:34 AMRead on Reddit that apparently nobody knows where George Santos was born, including whether he was born in the US or not.

I'll say one thing for that guy. His biography will be some read.
Catch Me if You Can 2.

Now people are theorizing that he's Trumps illegitimate child. Purported birth year matches.