News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I'm not really into Dr. Who myself, AFAIK it was only shown in Spain back in the 80s. I remember seeing some of it back then when I was a kid but never since then.

Syt

Weeping Angels are from Nu Who, though. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Syt

I meant they've been part of the new Who series, not the older 70s/80s ones.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2023, 02:06:07 PMI meant they've been part of the new Who series, not the older 70s/80s ones.

I don't really have a great grasp of all the different eras and timelines of Dr. Who, so I'm just going to assume that you mean that they're a modern creation, is that it?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on February 03, 2023, 02:09:21 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2023, 02:06:07 PMI meant they've been part of the new Who series, not the older 70s/80s ones.

I don't really have a great grasp of all the different eras and timelines of Dr. Who, so I'm just going to assume that you mean that they're a modern creation, is that it?

Yes, they are from the reboot, although the reboot has been on for so many seasons now that it seems odd to refer to it in that way.  :)

Sheilbh

I just checked and yeah the new Dr Who has been going for 18 years, which is longer than the 16 years when it was cancelled (although still a bit to go before the  26 year run of the original) :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

That's not too far short of the original. It's weird as the original seems to have gone on for so much longer.
I guess it's the old thing again of there being so much less difference between the decades these days.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on February 03, 2023, 04:04:45 PMWatching doctor who... :zipped:

Tennant was great, smith was ok... and it's gotten progressively worse since then.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

Ah, English, such a simple language!

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

I feel like that works with almost any other nationaliy/language but French :lol: :P
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.