News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Yeah we have been breaking records for heat in the summer and cold in the winter the last couple years. I am really curious if we get another big winter storm this year here, that freakish polar blast at Christmas was really weird as usually winter in this part of Texas (such as it is) doesn't really get going until mid January.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on December 29, 2022, 11:18:00 AMColdest December here in Iceland since the 1951 record by a smidge. Average temperatures here in Reykjavík have been around -13° Celsius. :uffda:  :Canuck:

:cool: literally.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Legbiter

Getting another big blizzard tonight. We'll be pretty snowed in by noon tomorrow.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

-30C.  Chill factor: -43C.  It is cold as hell outside.  And I'm feeling the cold inside too.  Should last for two days only.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on February 03, 2023, 06:10:08 PM-30C.  Chill factor: -43C.  It is cold as hell outside.  And I'm feeling the cold inside too.  Should last for two days only.

Good grief.  :(

Was 13C this afternoon at 51 degrees North.  :bowler:

Valmy

Well we had a weeklong freak ice storm here this week. The carnage it has wrought on the tree branches has been horrific.

This after that weird freeze around Christmas followed by the freakishly warm January. Texas winters are really getting weird these last few years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2023, 06:49:57 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 03, 2023, 06:10:08 PM-30C.  Chill factor: -43C.  It is cold as hell outside.  And I'm feeling the cold inside too.  Should last for two days only.

It's the coldest day in 20 years, with the chill factor.

It's problematic because nearly all of Quebec is affected so electricity demand is through the roof.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on February 03, 2023, 09:36:33 PM

It's problematic because nearly all of Quebec is affected so electricity demand is through the roof.

!14C yesterday afternoon, warmest day in over three months, similar temperatures today; Spring is in the air. :bowler:

Valmy

Right at 0C most of the day in central Texas but I think this is the last real day of winter this year. 40C temperatures should be here shortly. Oh boy.

viper37

Quote from: mongers on February 18, 2023, 07:56:50 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 03, 2023, 09:36:33 PM

!14C yesterday afternoon, warmest day in over three months, similar temperatures today; Spring is in the air. :bowler:
A friend of mine has told me of his intentions to sell his house and move to the Dominican Republic to be with his kinda of girlfriend there.  The only problem is she asked to be married so they live together.  Still, it's something tempting.

mongers

Happy Spring equinox everyone.

Spring is taking giant strides here, most plants are now visibly growing, some trees are awakening and there's usable light at 6.30pm :wub:

crazy canuck

Spent yesterday afternoon on our back deck, in shorts, basking in the sun.