News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2023

Started by mongers, January 03, 2023, 10:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gups

Also at my heaviest every at 84kg (I usually range between 76 and 80kg, I'm 5'10"). Determined to get that down.

Am doing intermitent fasting (only eating between 12 and 8). No booze 3-4 days a week. Aiming for 300km cycling a month. 60km running a month. Need to add some muscle toning as well but don't want to go to a gym.

A back spasm has stopped the exercise for now which is frustrating.

Darth Wagtaros

Try yoga.  I still hurt my back but I am no longer half paralyzed when it happens.
PDH!

mongers

Well a month intothe new year and I think I can say, 'my fitness has changed, for the worse'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Gups on January 05, 2023, 02:38:37 AMAlso at my heaviest every at 84kg (I usually range between 76 and 80kg, I'm 5'10"). Determined to get that down.

Am doing intermitent fasting (only eating between 12 and 8). No booze 3-4 days a week. Aiming for 300km cycling a month. 60km running a month. Need to add some muscle toning as well but don't want to go to a gym.

A back spasm has stopped the exercise for now which is frustrating.

I recommend looking at a light lifting regime that can help strengthen your core and hips.  If you can eventually work up to light deadlifts and squats, that is really going to help your back.  To do that you will need to become stronger and more flexible - but that is exactly the thing that is going to help with your back pain.

mongers

Damn I'mtired, yesterday I did an hours worth of off-road biking in a hurry to get somewhere and made the mistake of having a baking potato based evening meal; turns out simply not enough nutritiion to allow me to recover overnight.

mongers

Tamas

Have you recovered yet, Mongers? :)

I am the heaviest I have been since the start of my Great Diet of 2018. I am doing enough to contain it but not enough to reduce it, so need to step things up a bit.

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2023, 05:13:45 AMHave you recovered yet, Mongers? :)

I am the heaviest I have been since the start of my Great Diet of 2018. I am doing enough to contain it but not enough to reduce it, so need to step things up a bit.

I'm typically quite tired, but I think it's just doing too much for my age. :-(

Hope you're getting your mojo back.

Darth Wagtaros

Gained weight while on vacation. :(

Blekth.
PDH!

mongers

Thread 'rescued' from page 4 of the index. :D

I'm 2000 miles of cycling on from my last september plan to over take the miles I've driven by my next significant b'day, only about 750 miles to go before this december.  :bowler:

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on May 05, 2023, 09:31:07 AMThread 'rescued' from page 4 of the index. :D

I'm 2000 miles of cycling on from my last september plan to over take the miles I've driven by my next significant b'day, only about 750 miles to go before this december.  :bowler:

:showoff:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on May 05, 2023, 12:12:26 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 05, 2023, 09:31:07 AMThread 'rescued' from page 4 of the index. :D

:showoff:

Planning on taking up some more energenic walking when I've 'finished' with the cycling. Coming out of Wales this afternoon there were some real nice looking small mountains north of the railwayline, can't work out what they were, may even have been the top of the Brecon Beacon mountains, I shall investigate.

Razgovory

I've lost 25 pounds this year simply by eating bagels.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Maladict

Season's over for me, on to 2024. Crossed the Alps on foot, which is up there with the toughest things I've done. So this year hasn't been a total loss.