And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2022, 11:19:20 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:12:44 AMSo CR will end up joining a club in Saudi Arabia after the WC. So much for demanding Champions League football back in the summer...

Read he's getting paid €200m (!!!) for a year, counting salary and endorsements.

Yup, an absolute obscenity. I guess he'll have some oil wells to his name with that salary.

He's going to be the face of Saudi's 2030 bid  :ph34r:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Maladict

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 05, 2022, 04:18:34 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:12:44 AMSo CR will end up joining a club in Saudi Arabia after the WC. So much for demanding Champions League football back in the summer...

Read he's getting paid €200m (!!!) for a year, counting salary and endorsements.

Yup, an absolute obscenity. I guess he'll have some oil wells to his name with that salary.

Actually, Messi already has a contract signed with the Saudi board for tourism...  :ph34r:

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 04:23:56 PM

Actually, Messi already has a contract signed with the Saudi board for tourism...  :ph34r:

Holy shit it's happening isn't it?  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I don't see how that was a penalty against Richarlison in the Korean box.  If the defender is already kicking at the ball and the other guy comes from behind him, how can that be a penalty?

Admiral Yi

Third Brazilian goal was class.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 05, 2022, 04:27:40 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 04:23:56 PM

Holy shit it's happening isn't it?  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Is FIFA going to allow it though?  ( I know, I know - laugh away).

But really - both 2018 and 2022 WCs were awarded under Sepp Blatter's regime, and both were highly criticized.  FIFA has at least appeared to try and clean up its image, got rid of Blatter, and the 2026 WC award seemed to be above-board.

A 2030 Saudi World Cup would be going right back to the gutter, wouldn't it?

Hmm... googling apparently the plan is to co-host with Greece and Egypt, being a three country, three continent bid.  I suppose Saudi think that'll help soften their image - but it's not like Egypt has a great reputation either.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 04, 2022, 03:46:48 PMThe next quarter final, France-England is not that common in the World Cup, so you'll have something new to watch.  :P

This will be the greatest owning of England by France since the Battle of Castillon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Threviel

Well, for football's sake it would be good if a non-European/non-South American team goes to quarter finals.

So for the sake of global football we are all Moroccans today. That's it.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on December 06, 2022, 04:13:44 AMWell, for football's sake it would be good if a non-European/non-South American team goes to quarter finals.

So for the sake of global football we are all Moroccans today. That's it.

Hell no. We are all Swiss.

Threviel

Can't we all agree to be anti-Iberians?

celedhring

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on December 06, 2022, 04:33:18 AMCan't we all agree to be anti-Iberians?

No. My list of priority is England, then Argentina for Messi's sake, then Spain, then I don't care.

EDIT: actually I do care. Anyone but Portugal.

Threviel

But if it's for the sake of global football?