News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on December 02, 2022, 09:10:34 AMThere's smoke coming from the Russian embassy in Stockholm. Reason unknown at the present.
Smoking accident? :unsure:

The Brain

Haven't heard anything more, so I guess they were just burning some stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

QuoteAnimal eyes in 'bloody' packages sent to some of Ukraine's embassies
Police cordon off Madrid embassy while parcels also sent to eight other embassies and consulates

Ukraine says a number of its European embassies have received "bloody" packages containing animal eyes, including its embassy in Madrid, which also received a letter bomb earlier this week.

Spanish police cordoned off the Ukrainian embassy on Friday and were searching the area with sniffer dogs.

The packages, soaked in a liquid with a distinctive colour and smell, have also been sent to embassies in Hungary, the Netherlands, Poland, Croatia and Italy, to general consulates in Naples and Kraków, and the consulate in Brno in the Czech Republic, said Ukraine's foreign ministry spokesperson, Oleg Nikolenko.

"We are studying the meaning of this message," Nikolenko said in a statement on Facebook, adding that the foreign minister, Dmytro Kuleba, has ordered all the embassies and consulates concerned to be placed under heightened security.

Ukrainian officials also said the entrance of the Ukrainian ambassador's residence in the Vatican was vandalised and that a false bomb threat was received regarding its embassy in Kazakhstan.

The bloody missives follow the reception of six letter bombs sent in the past week to addresses in Spain including Ukraine's embassy in Madrid, Prime Minister Pedro Sánchez and the US embassy in Madrid, prompting Spain to step up security.

A Madrid embassy employee was injured after opening a package addressed to Ukraine's ambassador to Spain on Tuesday. The employee decided to open the package, which was received by normal mail, in the embassy garden because it contained a small box.

"After opening the box and hearing a click that followed, he tossed it and then heard the explosion," the ambassador to Spain, Serhii Pohoreltsev, told Ukraine's European Pravda news site. "Despite not holding the box at the time of the explosion, the commandant hurt his hands and received a concussion."

Spanish police later said a similar package was sent to a Spanish arms company that manufactures rocket launchers which Spain has donated to Kyiv, and that they believed the two incidents were linked.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2022, 12:27:38 PMSo would you say it's accurate that we need more launchers anyway?

I would say that more is better, but that's not where I would put my money right now.  BMD and survivable drones probably have the highest payoff right now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

Germany has finished building its first LNG terminal including a pipeline into the national gas pipeline network, so LNG imports will start around Christmas. Gas storage is still at 97.4%, so I guess no one here will freeze this winter...

Tonitrus

Rumblings that a couple nuclear-capable strategic bombers got droned deep in the interior...ouch if true.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 05, 2022, 11:25:47 AMRumblings that a couple nuclear-capable strategic bombers got droned deep in the interior...ouch if true.

Plus reports Ukraine has developed a drone with a near 1000km range capable of dropping smallish (75kg?) explosives...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on December 05, 2022, 11:51:05 AMPlus reports Ukraine has developed a drone with a near 1000km range capable of dropping smallish (75kg?) explosives...

Bye bye Russian energy infrastructure...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Zanza

This photo supposedly shows Vladimir Putin on the Kerch Street Bridge. In a mid-class Mercedes that was built until 2016.  :hmm:  Don't they have something better?

Legbiter

The US is massively ramping up production of various munitions such 155mm shells and also Stingers, Javelins and HIMARS as well. The assumption is the war could very well continue for years.

Quote"Funding is already in place, contracts are underway to basically triple 155mm production," Bush told Defense News on the sidelines of the Reagan National Defense Forum. "There's funding on the Hill, in the supplemental, to more than double that again. That would take a period of years.

Army plans 'dramatic' ammo production boost as Ukraine drains stocks
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on December 05, 2022, 12:57:13 PMThis photo supposedly shows Vladimir Putin on the Kerch Street Bridge. In a mid-class Mercedes that was built until 2016.  :hmm:  Don't they have something better?

Still more recent than a good ol' Volga.  :P

Maladict

What's the plan for Russia at this point? By now they must realize Europe isn't going to freeze this winter, and the odds are only going to get worse on the battlefield.

The Brain

Hanging in there and waiting for a miracle.

Maladict

The Brain