News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

First videos of entire squads of freezing Russians huddled in dugouts being taken out by Ukrainian drones dropping ordnance on them. :hmm: 

I'm not sure there will be enough Ladas to go around.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Iormlund

Half the dudes on that vid don't even flinch after the grenade explodes. And there's also at least two visible corpses on frame outside the dugout.

DGuller

I wouldn't read too much into not flinching, I'm sure Russian soldiers are already used to grenades dropping on them.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Interesting to see that the BBC is accepting the Russian claim that it annexed Crimea.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Hilarious if true:

QuoteRussia probably firing missiles stripped of nuclear warheads, says UK
Russia's stock of long-range missiles is so depleted that it is likely removing nuclear warheads from ageing nuclear cruise missiles and firing the unarmed rockets at Ukraine, the UK Ministry of Defence says.

Its latest intelligence update says imagery has shown the wreckage of an AS-15 Kent cruise missile – apparently shot down – that was designed in the 1980s "exclusively as a nuclear delivery system".

The ministry tweeted:

The warhead had probably been substituted for ballast. Although such an inert system will still produce some damage through the missile's kinetic energy and any unspent fuel, it is unlikely to achieve reliable effects against intended targets.

Russia almost certainly hopes such missiles will function as decoys and divert Ukrainian air defences.

Whatever Russia's intent, this improvisation highlights the level of depletion in Russia's stock of long-range missiles.

My suspicion is that they are not shooting missiles designed as nuclear warhead-carriers as decoys, I think there's something like a daily/weekly quota of missiles strikes to be made based on official stockpiles, but a significant portion of the official stockpile's budget went into some high-ranking officer's dacha.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Quote from: Iormlund on November 25, 2022, 06:03:45 PMHalf the dudes on that vid don't even flinch after the grenade explodes. And there's also at least two visible corpses on frame outside the dugout.

In December the temperatures will drop to an average of -10° Celsius at night. :pinch:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

jimmy olsen

I've seen some Russians who seem to have died of hypothermia already on Reddit.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 26, 2022, 08:47:41 PMI've seen some Russians who seem to have died of hypothermia already on Reddit.

Which subs are they active in?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Whoever created that poster is a very naughty boy.  :lol: