News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 17, 2022, 11:10:31 PMRegular francophone public school. Most of our secondary schools have uniforms nowadays. Not sure when it started. I went to that school and we didn't have uniforms.

Oh wow, interesting. I did not know that.

Do the uniforms vary form school to school or are they identical across the province? Or across the school board?

Grey Fox

:hmm:

It's not province mandated. I don't think it is school board mandated either. Probably varies from school to school.

Right now, it's black pants with a white polo or black pants with the sports mascot t-shirts. However, it is going to all change for the 2024-2025 school year.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Have to say I don't like the optics on pelosi quitting.
Sure she's old and due for retirement anyway. But coming so soon after the incident at her home... Hope it doesn't encourage the fasc that terrorism works.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Josquius on November 18, 2022, 07:30:13 AMHave to say I don't like the optics on perlossi quitting.
Sure she's old and due for retirement anyway. But coming so soon after the incident at her home... Hope it doesn't encourage the fasc that terrorism works.
Its not terrorism if they do it.
PDH!

Valmy

The 37 billion is mostly old military gear we were never going to use anyway. It was already spent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on November 18, 2022, 09:59:44 AMThe 37 billion is mostly old military gear we were never going to use anyway. It was already spent.

You could have outfitted two, maybe three small town police departments in the Midwest with that stuff, though!  :mad:  :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Working for a big tech company isn't a real job?  :huh:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I watched the video on YouTube. It's the typical "young people don't know *real* (i.e. physical) work," "young people get triggered by words/greasy hands," "tech industry is all about frilly hipster benefits/comfort, not productivity" etc.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Josquius

I watched.
I suspect the laughter I'm getting out of it isn't what was intended. Its even worse than I thought it would be, goes beyond the typical "Nerr paper pushers aren't real workers" and into "Lets throw every idiotic young leftist stereotype we can get at the wall!"
██████
██████
██████

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Damn. Banned for Christmas by your own mother for a little prank.