News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ph-CyU5ZW8

The Colorado Springs shooter identifies as non-binary.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

How long has it been here...2003 or 2004...can't remember.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

I remember getting banned from pdox forums...something involving flamethering something or someone. Funny thing is I've never played EU2 or any of their fucking games for that matter, ever lol.

I still wonder what I'm doing here after all these years... ROTFLMAO, maybe the conversation.... :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Larch

Kinda perfunctory at this point, but Bolsonaro doesn't dissappoint.

QuoteBolsonaro derided for 'senseless' challenge to Brazil election he lost last month
Court has ratified results of run-off against Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva but incumbent claims audit found signs of 'malfunction' in some voting machines

Jair Bolsonaro has challenged the Brazilian presidential election he lost last month to Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, arguing votes from some machines should be "invalidated".

Bolsonaro's claim seems unlikely to get far, as Lula's victory has been ratified by the superior electoral court and acknowledged by Brazil's leading politicians and international allies. It could however fuel a small but committed protest movement that has so far refused to accept the result.

Alexandre de Moraes, the supreme court justice who currently leads the TSE, said in a ruling seen by the Reuters news agency that Bolsonaro's rightwing electoral coalition, which filed the complaint, must present its full audit for both rounds of October's vote within 24 hours, or he would reject it.

Gleisi Hoffmann, the president of Lula's Workers party, described Bolsonaro's election complaint as "chicanery".

"No more procrastination, irresponsibility, insults to institutions and democracy," she wrote on Twitter. "The election was decided in the vote and Brazil needs peace to build a better future.

The Brazilian Social Democracy party, a traditional rival to Lula's Workers party, called Bolsonaro's complaint "senseless", tweeting that it would be resisted "by institutions, the international community and Brazilian society".

Bolsonaro's coalition said its audit of the 30 October second-round runoff between Bolsonaro and Lula had found "signs of irreparable ... malfunction" in some electronic voting machines.

"There were signs of serious failures that generate uncertainties and make it impossible to validate the results generated" in older models of the voting machines, Bolsonaro allies said in their complaint. As a result, they urged that the votes from those models should be "invalidated".

Bolsonaro has for years claimed that the country's electronic voting system is liable to fraud, without providing substantiating evidence.

One of Brazil's most visible presences on social media and at public events over the last four years, Bolsonaro has nearly vanished from view in the past three weeks, with little or no formal agenda or public statements on most days.

Bolsonaro authorised his government to begin preparing for a presidential transition in the days after October's run-off election.

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on November 23, 2022, 03:44:07 AMI remember getting banned from pdox forums...something involving flamethering something or someone. Funny thing is I've never played EU2 or any of their fucking games for that matter, ever lol.

I still wonder what I'm doing here after all these years... ROTFLMAO, maybe the conversation.... :lol:

Hello 11B4V, yes something like that , I think we shipped out in 2003 from the Paradox battlefield to this new theatre of operations.

And yes I sometimes wonder that too; maybe it's just the least insane corner of the social media?:unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Telekom, the Hungarian arm of Deutsche Telecom has tested 4-day weeks with a number of their departments for the past month.

Apparently it has been very successful, so they are planning to extend the experiment to further teams.

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on November 23, 2022, 03:44:07 AMI remember getting banned from pdox forums...something involving flamethering something or someone. Funny thing is I've never played EU2 or any of their fucking games for that matter, ever lol.

For me it's a combination of:

1) I have a few minutes to procrastinate and my other online procrastination venues have been exhausted / are unappealing at the moment; so, check languish.

2) Someone says something I don't mind responding to, so I post. A little bit later, I'll check in to see if someone else replied. If there's a conversation that's even mildly interesting, that's means I'll check in again to see where it goes.

Grey Fox

In my case, I have been on languish for almost 22 years. I was 16 years old when I started posting here and a part of Baston's different FPS clans. Languish, for a lack of better explanation, is an integral part of who I am as an adult.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2022, 01:41:27 PMLanguish, for a lack of better explanation, is an integral part of who I am as an adult.
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 23, 2022, 01:41:27 PMIn my case, I have been on languish for almost 22 years. I was 16 years old when I started posting here and a part of Baston's different FPS clans. Languish, for a lack of better explanation, is an integral part of who I am as an adult.

So sorry about that. :console: :hug:

Josquius

It's sure gonna suck when the olds die.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 02:32:48 AMNon heterosexual incel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOLix9L1BI

Incel could play in based on their his appearance.

I'm willing to make an effort to be accomodating to people's preferences but I just can't go with they/them.  It's a plural, choose something else please.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2022, 05:26:24 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 02:32:48 AMNon heterosexual incel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOLix9L1BI

Incel could play in based on their his appearance.

I'm willing to make an effort to be accomodating to people's preferences but I just can't go with they/them.  It's a plural, choose something else please.

:yawn:

1/10 effort.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

We also, apparently, have a video of the guy's dad saying he was worried his son the shooter might be gay when he heard about the shooting; but he's relieved that his son is in fact not gay.

https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status/1595519454900805649

QuoteThe Colorado shooter's dad on finding out his son murdered people: "They started telling me about the incident, a shooting... And then I go on to find out it's a gay bar. I got scared, 'Shit, is he gay?' And he's not gay, so I said, phew... I am a conservative Republican."

Josquius

Boy am I glad my son was the shooter.
██████
██████
██████