News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Tamas

The West should offer a deal where they buy Russian nukes for dollar cash once the war is over.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2022, 05:25:57 PMTalk of a Marshall plan to Russia is entirely too premature. Russia has not been defeated yet.

I'm surprised the Putin regime has been able to (apparently) hold on to the country as firmly as it has to this point.  Almost was surprised as I have been by the utter incompetence of the Russian Army in this war.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 22, 2022, 06:14:44 PMThe West should offer a deal where they buy Russian nukes for dollar cash once the war is over.
I think Russia knows better than most states the potential consequences of giving up nukes.

Jake's right, we need to help Ukraine win the war first. But it's not in Europe's interests, at least, to see Russia collapse again or go through the 90s again. Plus - not to be a new Cold Warrior.....but, as China focuses more on its Eurasian/continental position I think there is a little something to the Marshall Plan analogy? :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

I can see a case for the West intervening in a potentially collapsing Russia to contain any chaos. But the nature of the intervention depends very much on the nature of the hypothetical collapse.

Zoupa

Russia is the biggest country on Earth. Why the hell would they need our money?

It's full of metals, oil, gas, has good arable land. They just need to not be corrupt.

What really needs to happen is a breakup of the country. It's way too centralized.

Berkut

Quote from: Zoupa on November 22, 2022, 07:09:18 PMRussia is the biggest country on Earth. Why the hell would they need our money?

It's full of metals, oil, gas, has good arable land. They just need to not be corrupt.

What really needs to happen is a breakup of the country. It's way too centralized.
That's an interesting idea. Other then some of the obvious parts, what does that look like?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

The West invested in Russia in the 1990s, look how that turned out.

Just read an article (in Russian, from a "foreign agent" website) how Russians are not thankful for Western help - they will take it and demand more, but will hate the West for it anyway.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Solmyr on November 23, 2022, 01:50:49 AMJust read an article (in Russian, from a "foreign agent" website) how Russians are not thankful for Western help - they will take it and demand more, but will hate the West for it anyway.

That's not a reaction that's unique to Russia.

The Brain

Russia should be cordoned off and left to descend into extreme poverty, so they can't afford a military that can threaten their neighbors. Like I've said before, I found it weird in the 90s that some people in the West thought that Russia was gonna be a normal country. Russia is not a normal country and never will be. They view all other countries as enemies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

QuoteEU parliament declares Russia a 'state sponsor of terrorism'
The European parliament has voted to designate Russia as a "state sponsor of terrorism".

In a largely symbolic vote, MEPs argued that Russia's military strikes on civilian targets such as energy infrastructure, hospitals, schools and shelters violate international law.

Andriy Yermak, the head of Ukraine's presidential administration, said he was grateful to the European parliament for this "crucial step which strengthens the international isolation of Russia and rightfully confirms its pariah status"

The European parliament's vice-president, Dita Charanzová, called for President Vladimir Putin to be held accountable for his crimes.

Legbiter

Wagner didn't like that at all. This is a Telegram channel affiliated with them. They're sending the European Parliament a gift. A sledgehammer in a violin case with a bloody handle.

https://t.me/cyber_frontZ/7589
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

:lol: For real? What's the deal with their humiliation fetish?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Legbiter

Send them back a used washing machine with a body bag inside it.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.