Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

In the latest "We fucked" news:

QuoteNew NPR/Marist poll is remarkable

Republicans lead Democrats on generic Congressional ballot among these groups:

🚨 Parents with children under 18: 60% choose GOP; 39% Democrats

🚨 Latino voters: 52% GOP; 39% Dems https://t.co/9QxnZsZ54D
https://twitter.com/Cavalewis/status/1520095372949049346?t=-kHBaIbbqDbLBDSeUwC2Fw&s=19

Also shows young people (Gen Z and Millennials) evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.

This corroborates other polls that show Latinos and youth trending toward the GOP.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I guess they all deserve what they get. :bowler:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2022, 06:57:27 PMI guess they all deserve what they get. :bowler:

Pretty sure my wife can get a job in Germany again and we can move on out of here quickly. She's been talking about moving back for years.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2022, 06:57:27 PMI guess they all deserve what they get. :bowler:
The problem is that we are all going to get what they deserve.

We might consider how to better message and convince them though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on April 29, 2022, 07:01:33 PM
The problem is that we are all going to get what they deserve.

We might consider how to better message and convince them though.

I don't live there. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 29, 2022, 06:54:21 PMIn the latest "We fucked" news:

QuoteNew NPR/Marist poll is remarkable

Republicans lead Democrats on generic Congressional ballot among these groups:

🚨 Parents with children under 18: 60% choose GOP; 39% Democrats

🚨 Latino voters: 52% GOP; 39% Dems https://t.co/9QxnZsZ54D
https://twitter.com/Cavalewis/status/1520095372949049346?t=-kHBaIbbqDbLBDSeUwC2Fw&s=19

Also shows young people (Gen Z and Millennials) evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.

This corroborates other polls that show Latinos and youth trending toward the GOP.

Mind boggling

Habbaku

We deserve our coming doom if those numbers pan out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I mean, seriously, what the fuck are we missing here?  Just how can anyone rational observe what is going on and somehow come away with an impression that voting for GOP is a thing that could even be considered?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2022, 08:03:14 PMI mean, seriously, what the fuck are we missing here?  Just how can anyone rational observe what is going on and somehow come away with an impression that voting for GOP is a thing that could even be considered?

How many people do you consider rational?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2022, 08:03:14 PMI mean, seriously, what the fuck are we missing here?  Just how can anyone rational observe what is going on and somehow come away with an impression that voting for GOP is a thing that could even be considered?

They've concluded that fighting the woke menace is more important.

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 29, 2022, 08:09:58 PM

How many people do you consider rational?
:hmm:  I think most people are, if you define rational as nothing weird happening between one's senses and the brain.  Touching a hot stove with your hand and then resolving to not touch hot stoves again is rational.  Touching a hot stove with your hand and then thinking that laying your penis on the hot stove is the next thing you should try is not rational.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on April 29, 2022, 08:21:18 PM

They've concluded that fighting the woke menace is more important.
I'm afraid you're right, but that's not a reassuring answer in that case.  I'm hoping for a more fixable issue to be the cause.

Admiral Yi

What's terrifying to me is that people who have witnessed January 6th and been exposed to all the Fox/QAnon bullshit about the stolen election are drifting Republican.  Like somehow they didn't like Trump's first term but after they bear maced a bunch of Capitol Police they decided he's OK.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2022, 08:27:07 PMI'm afraid you're right, but that's not a reassuring answer in that case.  I'm hoping for a more fixable issue to be the cause.

For it to be fixable the first step is understanding the core of the problem. And - also obviously - this is highly contested, adding complexity.

Is "the woke menace":

1) A highly successful right-wing psyop? (in which case the fix involves countering the psyop)

2) A highly corrosive political tendency causing real damage to society (in which case I suppose the fix means finding a way to neutralize it)

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2022, 09:14:46 PMWhat's terrifying to me is that people who have witnessed January 6th and been exposed to all the Fox/QAnon bullshit about the stolen election are drifting Republican.  Like somehow they didn't like Trump's first term but after they bear maced a bunch of Capitol Police they decided he's OK.

Here's the thing... repeating a simple message over and over again is an effective propaganda technique, and there is an absence of a simple message being repeated at a high frequency back to counter it.