News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shadow Empire

Started by Syt, April 09, 2020, 01:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Yes, I'm really tempted to get it, so I'd love to hear what Berkut thinks of it.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2020, 09:52:31 AM
I pulled the trigger. Used the 20% off code from Wargamer.

Thanks for the tip!  :)

Game downloading now.

crazy canuck

I could spend hours on the planet creation screens  :D

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2020, 01:05:00 PM
I could spend hours on the planet creation screens  :D

That slow and buggy? :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Well there are a lot of options regarding alien life and I assume some are bug like.  Also, I am a bit slow reading through all the options.  So I suppose you could say that.  Yes.

The Brain

Valmy

QuoteShadow Empire is the Alpha Centauri of today, only better. Yeah, I said it.

Woah. Really? Well um guys let me know if that description is in any way apt.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2020, 01:56:29 PM
QuoteShadow Empire is the Alpha Centauri of today, only better. Yeah, I said it.

Woah. Really? Well um guys let me know if that description is in any way apt.

If anything he was holding back.  It is much better.  The game has a lot of depth and detail.  You can get into as much of that detail as you want, or play it at a higher level of abstraction.  There are strong RPG elements and of course it is also a military game with detailed units, production and supply.

It is a masterpiece which brings together different genres into one package.  I haven't seen anything quite like it.

Valmy

Wow ok I guess I will get it then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2020, 02:12:23 PM
Wow ok I guess I will get it then.

When we are both retired, years from now, this is the sort of game we could spend a lot of time playing in multiplayer.

celedhring

Definitely going to get it. I've always wanted to try a Decisive Campaigns game anyway, and besides being the 4x I've always dreamt about,
this one features what looks like the same wargame engine.

The Brain

Does it give good head?

celedhring

Downloading...

Fell prey to the hype and the power of DasTactic videos. First non-Paradox game I buy at release since... I honestly forgot.

celedhring

Okay, this game is ridiculous. I just spent nearly an hour checking out the skills and biographies of all my starting leaders.  :hmm:

Amazing AAR potential if you really dwelve into the RPG aspect of the game. I wasn't expecting to be that part of the game to be this fleshed out.

Tonitrus

I wonder how mod-able it is, or will be (e.g. changing/adapting the game's setting to something like a real/fantasy world). :hmm: