News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on December 12, 2019, 11:38:36 AM
There are a lot of rumors floating around that that trilogy has been axed.

The trilogy by the GOT duo has been axed, but not Johnson's that I'm aware of.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

They won't announce it. It will just fade quietly away. Like Bob Iger's presidential ambitions.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

:D to be fair nobody thinks this is the last stat wars film. The franchise will be milked until we will vomit at the mere mention of Star Wars.

Barrister

Liep

The Rise of Skywalker 10/10

Back on track and a worthy ending. There are so many great scenes in this one and a few ridiculous ones but the right kind of ridiculous not the Canto Bight kind.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

That is a very good score.  :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

George Lucas wasn't invited to the premiere yesterday.  :ph34r:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 18, 2019, 02:13:29 PM
The early media reviews are in and, uh, it's not looking good folks.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker

So 10/10 might be too high a score, but 57% is definitely too low.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

To be fair, RT's metric is simply a measure of if critics liked a movie or not, not ordinal in the sense of grades. So a number around 50 or so means that the critics are pretty divided.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

So to try and avoid spoilers I haven't even read any reviews, but I've seen headlines and thumbnails.

Half say it's flawed but fun.  Half say it's terrible.  Lots of mention about fanservice.

Grey Fox

My son (6) just finish watching Episode 5. He wasn't flabbergasted at the reveal of Vador fatherhood. He says he didn't know but I'm guessing since he's watch all of Rebels, atleast half of Clone Wars & watches Resistance, it's just part of his cultural zeitgeist.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

I honestly can't remember what effect the reveal had on me, I was 5-6 when I first watched it. I should ask my mom if she remembers.