And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings III

Started by Syt, October 19, 2019, 04:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2019, 08:25:22 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2019, 04:45:19 AM
But will it be a mess like their most recent release.

Which one was that?

True, should have had an s. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Nice. I played CK2 a lot, so I am looking forward to this.

Caliga

Quote from: Solmyr on October 19, 2019, 07:28:13 AM
Also, those character faces look unbelievably crappy.
Don't worry, a dozen DLCs will come out to make them look much better. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

I definitely look forward to this. Hopefully crusades work out of the box.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2019, 06:17:44 AM
Hoping they finally figure out how to make small states fun and viable. A hope in vain.

Well they figured it out in CK2.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: celedhring on October 19, 2019, 07:58:42 AM
My concern is that there's no way that the game won't feel incredibly barebones at launch compared to CK2+DLCs.

They said they have been working on it for 4 years and they recognize the potential for failure there, so I doubt it will be that barebones.  But somethings will be deliberately removed, yes.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 19, 2019, 08:04:30 AM
My concern is that there's no way that the game won't feel incredibly barebones at launch compared to CK2+DLCs.

I guess that will depend on what new features will be added, and if they offer enough fun play mechanics. I don't expect that Muslims, Pagans, or Republics will be playable at launch, and I also expect India to not be part of the game.

Maybe it's just rumors, but I read on Something Awful they said no republics and pagans to start. I also read the map would be even bigger than in CK2.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2019, 07:55:26 PM
Quote from: Syt on October 19, 2019, 08:04:30 AM

I guess that will depend on what new features will be added, and if they offer enough fun play mechanics. I don't expect that Muslims, Pagans, or Republics will be playable at launch, and I also expect India to not be part of the game.

Maybe it's just rumors, but I read on Something Awful they said no republics and pagans to start. I also read the map would be even bigger than in CK2.

No republics, but it's not no pagans, it's no nomads--nomads will be back to being tribal.  And the map will supposedly have a bit more of Tibet and more of Central Africa.

Josephus

Agreed, but that's a concern with any Paradox sequels now. For instance, can one really imagine a EU5, without many of the EU4 DLC features?
I think they've said they are going to take the best things from CKII and remove some of the others (ie. save them for DLCs).

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

So Baronies will become the base "provinces" of the map but not only you still won't be able to play as a baron, but their importance in terms of management and role will also decrease? Weird.

Also RPGish levelling up is a bit meh. It is the quasi-RPG-ishness that I like in CK2 but because it was at least trying to be realistic and historical (well, not counting the silly events). Going more the classical RPG route doesn't appeal to me. But I understand it is more things to click at, so yay.

Josquius

I guess baronies and all the rest will be dlc <_<

Well they figured it out in CK2.
They did not include it if they did.
You couldn't even play baronies iirc?
Playing a County was an exercise in trying to avoid expanding
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Baronies in CK2 are just spam. Half my events always seem to involve barons, majors or whatever I couldn't care less about.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on October 23, 2019, 10:53:01 AM
Baronies in CK2 are just spam. Half my events always seem to involve barons, majors or whatever I couldn't care less about.

Yes I am all for cutting them out but then why make baronies the default map unit?

Valmy

Oh I see I thought you were talking about counts. You just said small states...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."