The Wide, Wide World of Apple

Started by Barrister, August 24, 2009, 01:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I might as well create a consolidated Apple thread.   :)

First bit of news - Snow Leopard ships August 27th!!!!11111

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

I think I'm going to combine my order with the more RAM I've been hankering for... :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Snow Leopard will change your life.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2009, 03:29:51 PM
Snow Leopard will change your life.

It will change your computing life...  :)

And all for $29.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Barrister

Quote from: Armyknife on August 24, 2009, 04:19:57 PM
And this is news ?  :huh:

In the last couple of weeks, I've flashed the firmware on my phone, camera and digital video box; news worthy ? :unsure:

Yes it is.  There are 5-6 Apple users out there, so I'm let them know there's a brand new version of OS X that's being released this week.  :)

This is not a minor bug fix, but rather a whole new version.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Armyknife on August 24, 2009, 04:19:57 PM
And this is news ?  :huh:

In the last couple of weeks, I've flashed the firmware on my phone, camera and digital video box; news worthy ? :unsure:

ONLY if it had an Apple logo.  Then you have to throw a friggin' parade.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2009, 04:28:37 PM

Don't sell it short.  It's a whole new level of being.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 24, 2009, 04:42:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2009, 04:28:37 PM

Don't sell it short.  It's a whole new level of being.

I whole new level of being for my Mac Pro, I suppose...  :unsure:

DontSayBanana

BTW, because I love being an Apple-Certified BuzzKill, S' MacBook Pro fell again. 6 inches, and the CD drive is probably shot. I'm absolutely loving that Apple reliability. ;)
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 24, 2009, 06:52:32 PM
BTW, because I love being an Apple-Certified BuzzKill, S' MacBook Pro fell again. 6 inches, and the CD drive is probably shot. I'm absolutely loving that Apple reliability. ;)

Stop dropping your MacBook then.   :huh:

I mean really.  I dropped my POS Dell once and it still worked, but if it hadn't I wouldn't be blaming Dell.  Plus I don't think that Apple ever claimed that its DVD drives were any more or less reliable than any other standard PC component.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2009, 06:58:19 PM
Stop dropping your MacBook then.   :huh:

I mean really.  I dropped my POS Dell once and it still worked, but if it hadn't I wouldn't be blaming Dell.  Plus I don't think that Apple ever claimed that its DVD drives were any more or less reliable than any other standard PC component.

I already spent the afternoon yelling at her to be more careful with it. If it was a 6-foot fall, you'd have a point, but not protecting components enough to survive a 6-inch fall is a major design flaw in something that's supposed to be portable. You can get 6 inches of air in a bumpy car ride.
Experience bij!

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.