News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Youtube Recommendations

Started by mongers, June 10, 2012, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 12, 2012, 07:38:20 PM
http://www.wimp.com/russiaride/

Whoa, I tought for a moment there that the thing was broken, and they were all gonna DIE!!!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Peace on Earth - Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer cartoon short. Nominated for an Oscar.

I knew those vegetarians couldn't be trusted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8OYvHPpGDY
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Heil Honey I'm Home Home  :hmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjCkcAmzDc

Sitcom about Hitler and Eva Braun. First broadcast in 1990 on BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting). An ironic parody of American family TV comedies of the 1950s.

This has improved picture quality over the copy presently floating around Youtube. Not perfect, but a lot better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heil_Hon...

Heil Honey I'm Home! was controversial British television sitcom, produced in 1990, and canceled after one episode aired.

The show centred on fictionalised versions of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun, who live together in suburban bliss, until the day their lives are turned upside-down by their new neighbours, Arny and Rosa Goldenstein, who are Jewish. The show's plot is inevitably centered on Hitler's inability to get along with his neighbours. A caption at the beginning of the episode presented the series as a 'lost' sitcom from the 50s, recently re-discovered. The show spoofed elements of 1950s and 1960s American sitcoms such as Leave It to Beaver and I Love Lucy, including the corny title, light (even vacuous) plots and dialogue, and unwarranted applause whenever a character appeared on screen.

The plot of episode 1 involved Adolf telling Eva of the impending arrival of Neville Chamberlain, and begging her not to tell the Goldensteins. Of course, Eva lets it slip to Rosa that Chamberlain (the most important man in Europe!) is coming round and Rosa tells Arny. They then crash the dinner party the Hitlers have prepared for Chamberlain.

The programme was written by Geoff Atkinson and commissioned by satellite television channel Galaxy, part of British Satellite Broadcasting (which later became part of BSkyB). It was shown at 9.30pm on a Monday night, after an episode of Dad's Army. During the credits of Dad's Army, Galaxy's announcer said 'And unless Arthur Lowe defeats him, it's the man himself in a few moments in Heil Honey, I'm Home!, as the Galaxy Comedy Weekend continues.'

The programme proved controversial when first aired, as it was seen by many as being in very poor taste. It was accused of crassly trivialising Nazism, although others have defended it as being in the same tradition of Third Reich parodies such as 'Allo 'Allo! and Hogan's Heroes, or along similar lines to the portrayal of Hitler as a domestic fool in The Producers. They also point out the crassness was intentional, and part of the parody anyway.[1]

Only one episode (the pilot) was ever screened, although eight episodes were planned and a number were recorded. The filming of the series was cancelled immediately by Sky (BSkyB) on its acquisition of British Satellite Broadcasting. This was probably due in part to the ire that accompanied the first episode. Neither the pilot or other episodes have ever been aired since. The show has since become renowned as one of the most controversial programmes ever to have been screened in the UK; it listed at #61 on Channel 4's The 100 Greatest TV Moments from Hell.[2]

Cast * Neil McCaul as Adolf Hitler * Denica Fairman as Eva Braun (replaced by Maria Friedman in unaired episodes)[3] * Gareth Marks as Arny Goldenstein * Caroline Gruber as Rosa Goldenstein * Laura Brattan as Ruth * Patrick Cargill as Neville Chamberlain

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 28, 2013, 09:20:23 PM
Denica Fairman as Eva Braun (replaced by Maria Friedman in unaired episodes)[3]

:lol:

How typical of the revolving door that is British television.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 19, 2013, 09:01:39 AM
26 year old mother hears her son's voice for the first time.  :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpi1xKD20dw&feature=player_embedded

Never banged a deaf chick.  Sounds like fun!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 20, 2013, 07:56:11 PM
Never banged a deaf chick.  Sounds like fun!

College buddy of mine banged a chick from Gallaudet, said she was a juggernaut.

CountDeMoney