News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

Mostly Civ IV. I have renewed my old love/hate relation with this series, broken with III. It's so attractive, so addictive... and at the same time so stupid. You stop playing after a particularly galling piece of AI foolishness and trickery or the 13th time in a row that an attack on 70% success probability fails... And two days later you discover yourself eager to return for more. Sigh... Oh, and I still hate Gengis Khan and Shaka. With a passion.

And I just bought Oblivion for the PS3. Seems quite good... now I have to learn how to use a bow properly!

KRonn

WoW mostly. But other games and favorites that I play are Victoria: Revolutions, HOI:Armageddon, Patrician 3, Civ IV, Anno 1503, Sim City 4.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

saskganesh

We got halfway through Divine Right on Saturday. My brother is the Black Hand, his wife is the Trolls and I am Shucassam.

Early on, Pon joined the Black Hand's alliance. I invaded promptly. To put some pressure on the BH in the North I managed to activate Zorn, but in the early maneuvering, the Colossus was raised and he attacked my King's stack. I lost the battle, lost a few armies, and more seriously failed the leader save, leading to my very untimely death.

We randomly determined my next country. It turned out to be Shuc again. Meanwhile, the Pon King died by event and his successor, "a true and faithful friend", was cajoled into my new alliance (Zorn had deactivated with my firest king's death.)

So the war between Shuc and the BH continues in the hills and mountains of Pon. Meanwhile the Trolls have created a big naval alliance, threatening my western port, and have launched a two pronged invasion of Elfland (whose King is useless). I also have severe barbarian pressure from the south.

My major objective is the survive.

Classic game if you are not familiar with it:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/23

humans were created in their own image

derspiess

Finally started Bioshock Saturday night on the 360-- hell of a game.  I put a lot of time into it but I think I'm still less than halfway through. 

The Big Brothers are starting to get easier to take down, but at the level I'm on now, hacking is getting tough.  It's also a pain with all the weapons I have now to cycle through the different weapons to find what I want in the middle of combat (I'm guessing it's much more manageable in the PC version with a keyboard).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

EUIII - IN - MMP2 - Japan 1620 - almost all westernized.  But getting bored.

I logged back in WoW yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months...  Once you're 80 you've seen it all so I'll have to find something new to play.

How's LotR Online ?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Brain

Playing WAR a bit. Love my Ironbreaker.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

clandestino

Doing an AGCEEP campaign with England, but it's starting to get boring, maybe I'll try a different game with Muscovy/Russia, perhaps with AGCEEP-MyMap.

:oldschool:

szmik

Quote from: clandestino on March 16, 2009, 12:38:10 PM
perhaps with AGCEEP-MyMap.

:oldschool:
why not AGCEEP with Kasperus' map? ;)
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

FunkMonk

Started up GTA IV again after a three month hiatus. I think I'll finish it now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Weatherman

fhdz

A large handful of iPhone games.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 16, 2009, 05:27:49 PM

I downloaded the new content for Xbox 360 but haven't touched it yet.  I guess I'll make it next on my list once I finish Bioshock.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2009, 08:50:26 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 16, 2009, 05:27:49 PM

I downloaded the new content for Xbox 360 but haven't touched it yet.  I guess I'll make it next on my list once I finish Bioshock.

the biker gang one?

Was looking at that before the xbox went blurgh on me :p
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2009, 08:51:37 AM

the biker gang one?

Was looking at that before the xbox went blurgh on me :p

Yeah.  I wasn't too excited about it at first but since I've played practically every GTA game going back to the very first one I felt like I had to download it.  After watching some of the gameplay videos, it looks like it may actually be fun.