News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

I've drifted back to playing Rise of Nations: Throne and Patriots recently. It's still the best RTS I've ever played, and makes most of the more recent entries in the genre look shallow and regressive by comparison.

Also, still dabbling online with Team Fortress 2 and picked up Unreal Tournament 3 from Steam (on sale for $12) which seems fun enough.

Finally, this weekend I'm hoping to start a new MMP game of EU3.

What's everyone else up to?

Berkut

HOI 2, and now Crown of Glory 2.

Little bit of Eve here and there, and working on finishing up the FarCry SP game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Lucidor

I'm dividing my time between Medieval 2 Total War (Stainless Steel 6.1) and Fallout, more of the former. Thinking about what game to pick next - Silent Hunter 4, or Jade Empire, both of which show promise.

Habbaku

Empire : Total War, Crown of Glory and a whole mess of wargames via Cyberboard.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

szmik

Victoria: Revolutions (I also make a mod) and Warhammer40k: Dark Crusade  8)

Fallout 3 and EU3:IN put me off and I'm not going to play E:TW in its current state (and price :P ).
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

I Killed Kenny

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

I'm playing Neil's favorite MMO and fiddling around with fallout 3 again since i had to restart/re-install with hard drive failure of last weekend. Oh and Rome TW mods
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Galrion

dps

Still mostly EUIII, but I've also started a new CK-DV game. 

Syt

Mostly HPS' Modern Campaigns '85 games.

The combat takes some getting used to, compared to WW2, because troops have a lot more mobility. At 1 mile/hex, 3h/turn this makes things rather messy, esp. as you can't create a closed front line in most scenarios, and (as WP) have to struggle through bottle neck bridges, minefields and enemy troops that are sometimes easy to bypass unknowingly and suddenly fnd behind your back. Recon is absolutely a key element of the game.

Additionally, many scenarios have a very tight time limit, and you can often only pin resistance down to allow the main force to advance.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I'm also a bad WP commander, because I'm usually conservative about my forces. I rather shell a position for three turns and then assault it then go in head over heels and lose half my men.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.