News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2011, 09:45:00 PM
Assuming you're talking about Legion of Honor from Clash of Arms, it's still in the works and seems to be nearing release.

They did an art dump not too long ago and have stated that the counters are finally finished, so it's probably just a couple months or so away.  Now that Moscowa is out, there's nothing in the way of it hitting the presses...

There was, however, a rather amusing kerfuffle over the game's art choice which you can see in the CSW folder for Clash.  Apparently, Hexasim used the same art without knowledge of Clash using it as well.  I'm skeptical of that, but it's hard to prove of course.

Been following that.  Considering the guy from Hexasim is on Ed's mailing list for all the LoH pre-pub adverts that's been going out for well over a year, I find it difficult to believe as well. 
Some people may think it's not that big of a deal, but for somebody like Ed who operates on such a little margin, I can understand why it would rub him the wrong way.  He took such a bath with Persian Incursion--which is a shame, because it's a great little model, but designed more for Harpoonheads--Moscowa couldn't come at a better time and he really wanted LoH to ride that wave.
I doubt that LoH will make the Origins/Historicon window that he wanted to make, though.

Ed Anger

And fuck, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread. Wargame buying fever is flaring up.

I'm worse than Fred Flintstone and his betting problem.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2011, 07:19:56 AM
And fuck, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread. Wargame buying fever is flaring up.

I'm worse than Fred Flintstone and his betting problem.

No shit.
I've run out of room in my all-games closet;  taking them out to put on proper bookcases this weekend, I think.  I'll post pics for all of you to jizz upon.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

BITCH I SAID SHIFT THE CRT BABY YOU WANT 1-2 ODDS DONT YOU SAY IT SAY IT

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 08:15:43 PM

Ah yes why Seedy's niece asks why he's alone.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 08:18:00 PM

And what's your excuse?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Daaaamn...who knew the Canuck had my back.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 08:32:02 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 08:18:00 PM

And what's your excuse?

Who says I am?
Like I'm gonna tell you freaks about my love life.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 08:42:17 PM

11 herbs and spices do not a romance make.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 27, 2011, 08:42:17 PM

11 herbs and spices do not a romance make.

I ain't no negro so of course there is no fried chicken involved :rolleyes:

Oh and Queensryche is playing the Fair this year :lol:

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Killing Krauts and Hungarians in a single game? SIGN ME UP
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

:bleeding:  The game developed by Paul Koenig and then Lembit Tohver?  Pass.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Ok, it is the rare colleration of stars when the Forint is strong while the Dollar is weak. It means: AN EXCUSE TO GO BOARDGAME SHOPPING!

I am looking for solitaire-friendly titles mostly. I have actually found an enthusiastic boardgaming group nearby, but:
a) we have a crapload of games already which I must sell them. Republic of Rome in particular. At least they do like High Frontier though, which is awesome
b) they are not really wargamers. Yet! :menace:

Whats the final word on that spanish civil war game by GMT?

How are the solitaire DVG games?