Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 26, 2011, 12:10:03 PM
1. Put on Lawn
2a. Put sign "Free to take" or something
2b. Alternatively sign that says "For Sale 30$" & leave it unchained
3. See it carried away.
There you are.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Yesterday I went to work in the morning.  I came home in the afternoon.  Today I went to work in the morning as well.  I came home in the afternoon as well.  :)

Camerus

Isn't abandoning furniture to the front of a nice apt complex rather déclassé?   :hmm:

Razgovory

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on April 26, 2011, 02:58:19 PM
Isn't abandoning furniture to the front of a nice apt complex rather déclassé?   :hmm:

People are less likely to take it away if you put in the back.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on April 25, 2011, 06:54:08 PM
We're going to pay close to $3000 for the dog to have his ACL repaired.  Poor guy has been hopping on 3 legs for a week now.

My wife has had the dog for longer than she's had me around.  I didn't have the heart to suggest we not pay the money.

But damn - that's a lot to pay for a dog who is estimated to live 4 more years.

:rolleyes: x 20

Barrister

Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 03:22:17 PM
We're going to pay close to $3000 for the dog to have his ACL repaired.  Poor guy has been hopping on 3 legs for a week now.

My wife has had the dog for longer than she's had me around.  I didn't have the heart to suggest we not pay the money.

:huh:

It's not as if we're poor...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2011, 03:24:03 PM

I was rolling my eyes at the notion that $3000 is too much money since "it's only got 4 years to live".

I don't think less of you for entertaining the notion, since I understand you might not have a bond to the dog other than you'd have for your car or a fancy set of steak knives, but it is completely foreign to me to think that way.

DGuller

It's a valid point.  You can get a shiny new dog for much less, and it will last you 15 years or so.

Barrister

Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 03:26:39 PM

I was rolling my eyes at the notion that $3000 is too much money since "it's only got 4 years to live".

I don't think less of you for entertaining the notion, since I understand you might not have a bond to the dog other than you'd have for your car or a fancy set of steak knives, but it is completely foreign to me to think that way.

You have to think that way though.

If he was only going to live another 6 months we wouldn't get the surgery at all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Slargos

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2011, 03:28:56 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 03:26:39 PM

You have to think that way though.

If he was only going to live another 6 months we wouldn't get the surgery at all.

If you're poor, sure. If I had four kids to feed, a stay-at-home wife and a shitty job at the plant, it obviously wouldn't be much of a contest. If the choice is between buying a new LCD TV or getting a $3000 surgery for my dog who's going to live another 6 months I wouldn't even think twice about the money. I would speculate on the value of a surgery where the anasthesia might kill him, but the cost? Not a chance.

Eddie Teach

Do you actually have a dog Slargos?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2011, 05:28:05 PM

He did, but it was deemed a mongrel and euthanized.  Is "euthanized" a word?  I get little red lines under it, but it looks right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2011, 05:32:48 PM

He did, but it was deemed a mongrel and euthanized.  Is "euthanized" a word?  I get little red lines under it, but it looks right.

They had to test the cyanide on it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2011, 05:32:48 PM

I thought he euthanized it because it was black? :unsure: